CHIP source utterances

Emily Harrington

Feb 1, 2024, 3:53:30 PMFeb 1
to chibolts
Hi there,

I am using CHIP to run analyses on caregiver and child imitations. I would like to compare caregivers' source utterances (those that have been imitated) with non-source utterances (those that were not imitated) across a number of variables. However, I am struggling to find a code that will break up the transcripts in this way.

I was successful in using KWAL to pull a list of source utterances. However, I have not been successful in finding an automated way to flag source utterances on a coding tier to then exclude them from analyses (for the non-source utterance analyses).

Since CHIP identifies source utterances as part of the automated coding process, I was curious if there was a way that I could get it to add a $source code to utterances that were flagged as a source during imitation coding.

Thanks!

Emily Harrington, M.S., CCC-SLP
PhD Student
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign