MOR for Croatian transcripts

Klara Popčević

Jul 19, 2024, 8:37:08 AM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to chibolts
Hello,

we have noticed that there is a MOR line in the transcripts for the Croatian language downloaded from the CHILDES database. Is it possible to apply this to the transcripts for the Croatian child language that are not (yet) in the CHILDES database?
In CLAN, Croatian is not offered under the "Get mor grammar" option.

Thank you for any information!

Best regards, Klara

Brian Macwhinney

Jul 19, 2024, 2:11:19 PM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to ChiBolts
Dear Klara,
I did not create that %mor line for Czech. You would need to contact the people shown on the home page for that corpus to learn how to use it for Czech. https://childes.talkbank.org/access/Slavic/Czech/Chroma.html
However, as currently configured that system is not aligned with the rest of CHAT, so it has to be a non-standard %xmor line. I can create a good %mor and %gra line using UD, but the Czech group prefers their system which is understandable.

— Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Language Technologies and Modern Languages, CMU