Call for reviews on srfi-216 SICP Prerequisites

Vladimir Nikishkin

Nov 24, 2020, 11:13:21 PM11/24/20
to chibi-scheme
Dear Chibi-Scheme users,

I recently wrote and published SRFI-216, which consists of the
primitives (functions, constants and one special form) that would make
it possible to solve the Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs problem set on any scheme system implementing it.

Chibi is a special implementation for me, because the sample
implementation is originally written for Chibi, and because I used
Chibi to make a sample solution for SICP.

So I would like to explicitly invite every interested person to review
the proposal and to leave comments however small they may be.

The document (along with the instructions on how to comment) is here:
https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-216/
A slightly more updated version would be here:
https://github.com/lockywolf/srfi-216

Thank you for your attention!

--
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin
(Sent from Gmail web interface.)

Alex Shinn

Nov 26, 2020, 9:12:36 AM11/26/20
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
This is quite small and very useful - I think everyone should read SICP.
I'd be happy to include it in the core distribution.

I've also been meaning to provide an SDL and/or sixel impl of SRFI 203 on snow-fort.

SICM support would be another nice goal.

--
Alex

John Cowan

Nov 26, 2020, 5:47:28 PM11/26/20
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
You might want to add SRFI 203 (the core of the SICP picture language) as well.