wfga

Knox Long

May 14, 2024, 6:40:30 PMMay 14
to chianti
Could someone explain to me, why there are negative values in column 3 of the wfga files, e.g for n_4.wgfa.  I believe this is supposed to be the weighted oscillator strentty which I would have thought would always be a positive.

Thanks,
Knox

Ken Dere

May 15, 2024, 9:38:24 AMMay 15
to chianti
I could not find any negative gf values in the

perhaps you could give a line number or the transition indices I could check again.

regards,

Ken

Peter Young

May 15, 2024, 2:07:46 PMMay 15
to chianti
Hi Knox,

Thanks for using CHIANTI. There is information on the wgfa files in CHIANTI Technical Report 10: https://www.chiantidatabase.org/tech_reports/. The third column is wavelength and the document explains why some wavelengths are negative.

Regards, Peter