Regarding debugging an error.

Mrutyunjaya Sahoo

Oct 20, 2022, 7:58:26 AM10/20/22
to chianti
Hello CHIANTI community,
I have a doubt in the following code. It's returning an error expression must be a structure. I don't know how to define the structure here. Like I have gone through the definition of structure but couldn't relate it ?
Can anyone help me out ?
Screenshot 2022-10-20 172056.jpg

Young, Peter R. (GSFC-6710)

Oct 24, 2022, 6:01:11 PM10/24/22
to chi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mrutyunjaya,

Sorry for the delay in replying. When you call make_chianti_spec, make sure you add the 2nd and 3rd inputs:

make_chianti_spec,structure,lambda,spectrum, bin_size=0.002,  etc.

The spectrum is put in the ‘spectrum’ structure:

plot,spectrum.lambda,spectrum,spectrum.spectrum

By the way, in your example below you’re specifying pressure and density – you should only specify one. Also, be careful of using “10^7”. You should either use 1e7 or “10.^7”.

Thanks, Peter

From: <chi...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Mrutyunjaya Sahoo <mrutyun...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 8:00 AM
To: chianti <chi...@googlegroups.com>