Regarding a problem in finding Intensity ratio vs Temperature.

Mrutyunjaya Sahoo

Aug 11, 2022, 1:51:45 AM8/11/22
to chianti
Hi, I'm Mrutyunjaya. I've been working on a project on solar physics. I'm stuck at a point. The CHIANTI allows us to make the intensity ratio vs temperature graph for the levels of the same ionization stage but I couldn't find how to make the intensity ratio of different ions(Fe-xiv/Fe-XI for example.) for the same purpose. Also I have found the calc_dmm_tr.pro file for this purpose but it's calling sequence is not mentioned but I've tried with the following command and get the following error which I can't debug.
Command- "CALC_DMM_TR, 'fe', 'XIV',200,205,6.0,6.6,MESS_WIN,DENSITY = 1.e+15"
error.jpg

Can anyone help me in this ?

Ken Dere

Aug 11, 2022, 9:29:41 AM8/11/22
to chianti
Hi,
It looks like you are using IDL so I am unable to help there.  However, the is bunch class in ChiantiPy that does this but it runs under Python
regards,
Ken

Young, Peter R. (GSFC-6710)

Aug 16, 2022, 7:43:10 PM8/16/22
to chi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mrutyunjaya,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I suggest you use the routine gofnt for forming line ratios between different ions. I give the example of Fe XII 195.12 vs. Fe XIII 202.04+203.79+203.82 below. Note that I sum three Fe XIII lines here to remove some of the density sensitivity from the ratio. You can get the level indices for a wavelength by using, for example, the routine which_line.

Thanks, Peter

--

ltemp=findgen(81)/100.+5.7

ldens=9.0

gofnt,’fe_12’,195,196,tt,gg,desc,dens=10.^ldens,logt0=ltemp,value=fe12,/noabund,lower=1,upper=27

gofnt,’fe_13’,202,204,tt,gg,desc,dens=10.^ldens,logt0=ltemp,value=fe13,/noabund,lower=[1,3,3],upper=[20,24,25]

plot,ltemp,fe13/fe12

Can anyone help me in this ?