att fiber Gigapower salesman

barbie gee

Aug 11, 2016, 3:50:02 PM8/11/16

Today, an AT&T sales/customer rep came to my door, and told me that we now
have fiber gigabit service in our area, and quoted me a good price for
internet and phone. It would be "High Speed Internet 45 Mbps Power"
Internet, and they'd port my landline number to the new "fiber" service.

$39.99 a month, install fee would be waived.

Was he full of beans?
Should I avoid this like the plague, or is it worth considering?

core

Aug 11, 2016, 9:40:02 PM8/11/16
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 14:40:33 -0500, barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com>
wrote:
What's the price after the intro deal runs out in a year?

Michele

Aug 11, 2016, 10:59:30 PM8/11/16
Not full of beans, it's fer realz. Ask what the price goes up to after a
year and compare that to Comcrap.

barbie gee

Aug 12, 2016, 12:20:01 AM8/12/16
Yeah, one thing that's got me not enthused is that the phone service
AT&T is offering is only 200 minutes a month, then $0.05 a minute. I was
hoping I'd have some kinda unlimited free local calls.

Then there's all the people who say AT&T overpromises on internet speed
and under-delivers, while at least comcast quotes you a certain speed and
usually beats it in practice.

barbie gee

Aug 12, 2016, 12:20:01 AM8/12/16
I'm still looking at that, trying to figure it out. I'm glad the guy gave
me his business card and was like, "call me if you have questions, you
don't have to talk to a 1-800 number", at least.

I've got to call comcast, and see if I can get my rate back down. I had
an intro rate of $40/mo., but that seems to have only lasted 4 months,
then they kicked it up to $60, for another 6 months, and now there's no
discounts and it's $77/mo. for Performance Internet only, plus stupid
"wireless gateway" router rental.

I like the ease of putting these things on autopay, but if you don't go
through the statements each and every month diligently, this stuff
happens.

Bruce Esquibel

Aug 12, 2016, 6:16:31 AM8/12/16
Like the others who commented already, see what the deal is for, if that is
like 1 year on a 2 year contract or just 1 year.

See where I think the "gotcha" is with that landline you keep insisting is
needed.

If you would live off the cell phone like normal people, you could switch
back and for between at&t and comcast as need be.

Right now if you take up at&t on their offer and they move your landline to
the uverse, and the time comes where they start with the "normal pricing", I
really am sure your old copper pair isn't coming back. You have to pay the
"non bundled" rate for u-verse phone only, if there is such a thing. Which
for some reason I think was $29.99 or $34.99 a month ala carte.

Otherwise after a year absence from Comcrap, they probably will welcome you
back on the $40 plan again. When they drift up to $77, back to at&t.

The phone service is just going to get in the way of playing the game.

I know at&t is bundling the phone and internet together for the better
pricing but you don't need to use it or just get people to call the cell
instead.

my 2 cents.

-bruce
b...@ripco.com

Michele

Aug 14, 2016, 2:22:34 AM8/14/16
Looks like there's an unlimited phone plan. Just dig down on them and
get the details on what all is included. Then make them lock it in.