Windows XP

Crawford Sausage Company

Sep 2, 2016, 1:10:05 PM9/2/16
My DVD player broke on a windows XP laptop so
decided to fire up an old Windows XP box
that I bought refurbished in 2012 as a
backup for situations like this.

Unfortunately I forgot to activate
it then and the other day activation
wouldn't work online and the telephone
activation is so fucking complicated and
cumbersome I decided to go the cracker route.

After trying a bunch of methods using regedit
finally one seems to work but won't know
until 30 days are up. What a bunch of bullshit.
MS should just activate all Windows XP boxes.
What difference does it make? How many people
are using XP? Are they that god damned greedy?
What a bunch of assholes running that outfit.

I have a couple of games that run on XP that
need a dvd player. This refurb is a Pentium 4
and it runs so hot it will help heat my office this
winter. It's a Dell enterprise unit built like
a tank so it will last at least another decade.

Cydrome Leader

Sep 4, 2016, 3:42:43 PM9/4/16
cool story

core

Sep 4, 2016, 5:10:02 PM9/4/16
USB external DVD/RW drives are inexpensive on Amazon.

Crawford Sausage Company

Sep 5, 2016, 11:11:27 AM9/5/16
That will be my backup if my legal copy of XP gets turned
off which will make me even steven with Microsoft since
I might have pirated Windows 3.1 way back when. I like
this Dell however. It is built to last. Even the
DVD player clicks and locks with purpose not like the
flimsy plastic toys they sell with consumer grade hardware.
I'd prefer to use this desktop and it can double as
a space heater this winter.