Samsung S3 stuff

dye

Sep 28, 2016, 3:52:38 PM9/28/16
Is .max still running an S3? Mine bricked, I have it and an
external battery charger, several batteries, and extra mini-USB
chargers free for the taking....

--Ken

--
Ken R. Dye an optimist is a guy |
Chicago, Illinois that has never had |

Geoff Gass

Sep 28, 2016, 8:00:02 PM9/28/16
dye <d...@d118-75-174-144.try.wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> Is .max still running an S3? Mine bricked, I have it and an
> external battery charger, several batteries, and extra mini-USB
> chargers free for the taking....

new one isn't the same connector?

barbie gee

Sep 28, 2016, 10:20:02 PM9/28/16

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, dye wrote:

> Is .max still running an S3? Mine bricked, I have it and an
> external battery charger, several batteries, and extra mini-USB
> chargers free for the taking....

We both have Galaxy SIII's.
batteries could come in handy, although mine's still good, AFAIK.

dye

Sep 29, 2016, 1:38:21 AM9/29/16
In article <slrnnuolv...@ftupet.ftupet.com>,
Yeah, the Samsung J7 (Virgin Mobile, $150 @best buy) I got has the
newer micro-usb connector.

An now comes the USB C-type, of which I have no devices. A plus,
you no longer suffer the 60% chance that you'll get the orientation
wrong; this one plugs in both ways, so you will never have to flip.

--Ken

PS. the J7 is waaaay better than the S3....cheaper, too. Gotta
root mine soon.

dye

Sep 29, 2016, 1:40:09 AM9/29/16
In article <alpine.DEB.2.10.1...@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
Cool. Logistics?
Message has been deleted

Geoff Gass

Sep 29, 2016, 2:40:02 PM9/29/16
Kristian M Zoerhoff <kristian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2016-09-29, dye <d...@d118-75-174-144.try.wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>> In article <slrnnuolv...@ftupet.ftupet.com>,
>> Geoff Gass <g...@tanzenmb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>new one isn't the same connector?
>>
>> Yeah, the Samsung J7 (Virgin Mobile, $150 @best buy) I got has the
>> newer micro-usb connector.
>>
>> An now comes the USB C-type, of which I have no devices. A plus,
>> you no longer suffer the 60% chance that you'll get the orientation
>> wrong; this one plugs in both ways, so you will never have to flip.
>
> I just got my first, an LG G5 (which replaced a bricked G4 that failed in the
> warranty period). I will say the bi-directional cable has saved me an immense
> amount of frustration trying to plug in at night before bed.

the micro cable that came with my S7 has some bumps on it so I can tell which
way is up in the dark

Cydrome Leader

Oct 1, 2016, 2:16:50 PM10/1/16
What's your carrier again?

barbie gee

Oct 1, 2016, 9:50:01 PM10/1/16

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, dye wrote:

> In article <alpine.DEB.2.10.1...@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
> barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, dye wrote:
>>
>>> Is .max still running an S3? Mine bricked, I have it and an
>>> external battery charger, several batteries, and extra mini-USB
>>> chargers free for the taking....
>>
>> We both have Galaxy SIII's.
>> batteries could come in handy, although mine's still good, AFAIK.
>
> Cool. Logistics?

Maybe this coming up week, or weekend?

barbie gee

Oct 1, 2016, 9:50:01 PM10/1/16
I've got VirginMobile, at $35 a month, .max has AT&T.
Coverage in Iowa is better with AT&T than it is w/ VirginMobile.

Cydrome Leader

Oct 2, 2016, 4:06:05 PM10/2/16
Ok.

I've got a sprint galaxys 4 for donation to the good folks here if anybody
needs it. Works fine, looks new, and all that stuff. I have the unlock
codes or whatever is needed to transfer to another sprint account.

barbie gee

Oct 3, 2016, 8:40:02 PM10/3/16
sprint is the network I believe Virgin Mobile runs over, but I don't know
if it would be tranferrable, I'm assuming it's not.

what about craigslisting it?

Cydrome Leader

Oct 3, 2016, 8:48:28 PM10/3/16
I don't feel like dicking around for a no-show at dunkin donuts over and
over again.

Geoff Gass

Oct 3, 2016, 10:10:01 PM10/3/16
phones are easy enough to ship that ebay is probably better

Cydrome Leader

Oct 4, 2016, 12:14:51 PM10/4/16
I'm either giving it somebody or taking it apart to see what inside. Not
going to create an ebay account or other time burning things like that.

Michele

Oct 5, 2016, 2:14:18 AM10/5/16
I'll take it off your hands if you haven't taken it apart yet. I know of
someone who I can give it to.