Re: costco sneeky

Michele

Sep 30, 2015, 12:35:52 PM9/30/15
On 9/29/2015 7:52 PM, barbie gee wrote:

> I made a stupid Costco mistake last week, because I was tired, in a
> hurry, not paying attention.
>
> I generally avoid the whole refrigerated pre-cooked and packaged section
> of the store, but was hungry and looking for something that might go
> with the package of corn tortillas I had at home.
>
> I stumbled on a package of Chicken Fajitas with the Rick Bayless brand
> on them, and saw the sign, "$7.99". I had some other expensive stuff in
> my cart, so I just ran through checkout, and imagine my surprise when I
> discovered that the Fajitas were actually $7.99 a pound, and I had about
> 2.5 pounds of them! Thankfully, I've made a lot of meals out of them,
> but the package said it would serve 4-6, so I thought I was getting a
> great bargain, before I figured out the "per pound" thing... Almost $19
> for that package...
>
> grrrrr.

I did that with a pre-cooked meat (some low-grade cut that's "improved"
through spices and marinating) they sell in the freezer. The beef is
good, but there's way too much of it to eat before it goes bad.

Max

Sep 30, 2015, 1:00:02 PM9/30/15
The sekrit is to stop eating veggies.

Michele

Oct 1, 2015, 2:30:18 AM10/1/15
Except I never ate them in the first place, much to the consternation of
Kenji.

Geoff Gass

Oct 1, 2015, 5:50:02 PM10/1/15
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> I made a stupid Costco mistake last week, because I was tired, in a hurry,
> not paying attention.
>
> I generally avoid the whole refrigerated pre-cooked and packaged section
> of the store, but was hungry and looking for something that might go with
> the package of corn tortillas I had at home.
>
> I stumbled on a package of Chicken Fajitas with the Rick Bayless brand on
> them, and saw the sign, "$7.99". I had some other expensive stuff in my
> cart, so I just ran through checkout, and imagine my surprise when I
> discovered that the Fajitas were actually $7.99 a pound, and I had about
> 2.5 pounds of them! Thankfully, I've made a lot of meals out of them, but
> the package said it would serve 4-6, so I thought I was getting a great
> bargain, before I figured out the "per pound" thing... Almost $19 for
> that package...
>
> grrrrr.

always gotta make sure the package doesn't have one of those deli labels in the
back section.

mug...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 10:05:09 AM9/28/16
I made the same mistake yesterday.
Was buying a number of high priced items at Costco.
Several Mission frozen foods priced about $ 10.00

Shocked when the receipt for the fajitas said $ 18.

karla....@gmail.com

May 2, 2018, 2:59:27 PM5/2/18
I made the same mistake - thought it was $7.99, but it was per pound. So, I spent $18.15 for this prepared food. The real kicker was that the stuff was terrible. I have been trying to do a review on Costco, but evidently it is not in their grocery options. It should have been called Mexican chicken stew with a few overcooked peppers and onions. It did not bear any resemblance to chicken fajitas!!

sticks

May 2, 2018, 4:20:31 PM5/2/18
Hi Karla! Are you related to John Nelson by any chance?

Michele

May 7, 2018, 11:28:50 PM5/7/18
Holy thread necro, Batman.
Message has been deleted

Ken Dye

Mar 16, 2019, 12:31:31 PM3/16/19
In article <f4851995-daf9-4ee4...@googlegroups.com>,
<heidi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>The frontera slow cooked beef barbacoa was hands down one of the most
>disgusting things I have ever eaten. From the moment I plopped it down
>into the pan I was trying not to gag. We tried to serve with a fork but
>soon realized that the soupy meat couldn't be picked up with a fork and
>so we were forced to use a spoon instead. As my children and I sat
>around the table, we grimaced as the meat soup slowly seeped from
>outside the tortilla. Avoid at all costs. I am writing this while on the
>toilet, and what's coming out the back end actually reminds me of the
>consistency of what I put in my mouth. Thanks for nothing Rick Bayless.

Holy thread necro, Batman.

--Ken