manny's

Cydrome Leader

Jan 21, 2022, 12:59:42 PM1/21/22
I dropped by manny's yesterday for a pastrami on rye and potato thing to go.

They still have lots of weird jokes at the serving line, but everything was
fine. I suspect the portions shrank a bit compared to maybe 5 years ago, but
the food was still good, even though it was colder when I got back about 10
minutes later. The potato thing was still cripsy though.

Will re-add it to the lunch rotation.

JG Rove

Feb 4, 2022, 8:29:52 PM2/4/22
The Portillos portion of italian beef is now the size of a hot dog. Sad.

barbie gee

Mar 10, 2022, 11:30:02 PM3/10/22
It's been awhile, but I'd love to have a corned beef sangwich from there
soon.

Cydrome Leader

Apr 26, 2022, 12:49:53 PM4/26/22
Let's go. Are you ever in that area?

barbie gee

Aug 7, 2022, 1:10:03 PM8/7/22
Yeah, I have a relative that lives near United Center. We could get
Nicko, and anybody else we can stand to be around for a couple hours!
Hah!

Cydrome Leader

Aug 12, 2022, 12:43:22 AM8/12/22
If it's M-F, I'll mostly be limited to a lunch "hour". Is Nicko still at
the same place? I tried to email him some time ago, but never heard back.

Manny's LOver

Aug 16, 2022, 5:18:21 PM8/16/22
I went there on 8/4/22 for a couple of corned beef sandwiches for
dinner. Picked them up around 1:00. Preordered them online, so they
were ready for me when I arrived.

Was sadly disappointed for the first time. Corned beef wasn't very
fatty and tasty. Usually, they taste great after an hour in the
fridge, but not this time. Relatively tasteless.

Sandwiches were still huge, but I'll have to think twice about
driving the 40 miles into the city for them again. And at $17.95a
sandwich, not cheap to begin with.

ChiFan

Cydrome Leader

Aug 16, 2022, 11:58:12 PM8/16/22
I don't think I've ever travelled 40 miles to pickup a pre-made sandwich.
Sort of a weird move to start with.

> Sandwiches were still huge, but I'll have to think twice about
> driving the 40 miles into the city for them again. And at $17.95a
> sandwich, not cheap to begin with.
>
> ChiFan

$18 is over the top for a sandwich. You're getting quite the pile of food,
but not like it was years ago. I can polish one off their current corned
beef in one sitting, with the pancake thing, and I'm not a 450 pounder.

it's fine as a treat once in a while. You have to eat there though, for
the bizarre experience it is.

barbie gee

Jan 7, 2023, 12:40:02 PM1/7/23
He's not working there anymore. I could ping him on FB.

Cydrome Leader

Jan 24, 2023, 7:35:11 PM1/24/23
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2022, Cydrome Leader wrote:
>
>> barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I have a relative that lives near United Center. We could get
>>> Nicko, and anybody else we can stand to be around for a couple hours!
>>> Hah!
>>
>> If it's M-F, I'll mostly be limited to a lunch "hour". Is Nicko still at
>> the same place? I tried to email him some time ago, but never heard back.
>
> He's not working there anymore. I could ping him on FB.

I just went there yesterday. It was like $28 for a pastami, the pancake
and a coffee.

Have him say hi, if he's willing.

barbie gee

Jan 29, 2023, 3:10:03 PM1/29/23
$28!
Nothing cheap anymore.

JG Rove

Feb 6, 2023, 6:22:16 PM2/6/23
That is 4 regular Shake Shack burgers, in Sears tower. The Sears tower rule doesn't apply there.

Cydrome Leader

Feb 8, 2023, 7:22:25 PM2/8/23
Are your prices current for shake shack?

JG Rove

Feb 9, 2023, 6:46:10 PM2/9/23
$7 with tax last Saturday. I brings my own Aldi chips. It's the plain burger with toppings buried in the menu screens. Sears food court has more seating than the other shacks.

Cydrome Leader

Feb 10, 2023, 1:32:43 PM2/10/23
I might have to add that back to the lunch rotation. Arturo's on Canal by
Monroe is my favorite option in that area.

JG Rove

Feb 10, 2023, 7:40:53 PM2/10/23
None of the UAL employees in Sears will steal your seat:)

Cydrome Leader

Feb 23, 2023, 12:02:38 PM2/23/23
True, they're all sleeping at o'hare now.