Friends of Cherry Hinton Hall - Newsletter for 2018

1 view

Emily Poyser

Feb 27, 2018, 7:35:46 AM2/27/18
to CHH Friends Group

Dear Members

We are pleased to share our newsletter (attached as a PDF) for 2018, highlighting our events and new venues we are using this year.  We look forward to seeing you in 2018

A DATE FOR YOUR DIARY....... SAT. 3rd MARCH  2018 - ALL WELCOME!
Wondering what has happened to Cherry Hinton Hall? Come and take a tour around the newly completed Cambridge International Schools building
and Nursery on Saturday 3rd March from 9.30am - 11.30am. Refreshments available.
From 10am - 2pm The Friends of Cherry Hinton Hall will be taking part in the national Great British Spring Clean and will be holding a litter pick and
general tidy up in the grounds. All welcome.

Wednesday 21st March 2018 **new venue
Our first meeting of the year will be held in the CHub in the Cherry Hinton Library. Our speaker with be Victoria Robeson, Head of Marketing and Admissions at the Cambridge International School, who will be giving a presentation on the new school renovations and will be happy to answer any questions. Members free. Non members £1. All welcome.

Saturday 5th May 2018
 Community Action Day for a litter pick and tidy up. Meet by the pond at 10am. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Equipment provided. All welcome.

Wednesday 18th July 2018
Our AGM will be held in the new community building in the grounds of the Cambridge International School, situated behind Cherry Hinton Hall which the CIS have kindly invited
us to use, at 7.30pm. Our speaker is Hilary Richie, Hospital Archivist, Cambridge NHS Foundation Trust, who will be telling us all about the history of Addenbrookes hospital. Refreshments provided. All welcome. Members free. Non members £1.

This is your chance to renew your membership: Annual - £2, 5 Year £10 or Life Time for £25 or you can renew by sending your payment, name and address to FCHH Membership, 204 Queen Edith’s Way Cambridge CB1 8NL. Please make cheques payable to The Friends of Cherry Hinton Hall.

Saturday 4th August & Sunday 5th August 2018
This year the Folk Festival is later than usual and we will be having a stall. There will be a rota in two hour shifts, two per shift from 12 - 6pm, if your would
like to help out. Please call number below if you are unable to attend the meeting.

Saturday 20th October 2018
Community Action Day for another litter pick and tidy up. Meet by the pond at 10am. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Equipment provided.
All welcome.

Wednesday 21st November 2018
Anthony French, Senior Asset Development Officer Streets and Open Spaces for the Cambridge City Council, will be the speaker for our meeting, which will also be held in
the CHub, at 7.30pm. All welcome. Members free. Non members £1. Anthony will be reporting on the progress of works carried out this year in Cherry Hinton Hall as part
of the master plan. Your chance to raise any issues or concerns.

Thanks Sandra Day
FCHH Committee
Tel: 01223 247639

http://www.cherryhintonhall.com/photos/newsletter-march-2018/