[ANN] ruse-exe (pre-alpha)

Amirouche Boubekki

Aug 17, 2021, 4:37:07 AM8/17/21
to chez-scheme
I am pleased to announce that ruse-exe v0.1.0 has been released.

ruse-exe will create a standalone executable from Scheme sources.

Compared to chez-exe:

- ruse-exe binary is portable; that is you can move it around the file
system such as in `/usr/bin/` or `/usr/local/bin`;
- The other advantage is that it wants to be easier to get started
with, at the price of possibly supporting less use cases;

Mind the fact that the current binary release was compiled and tested
on Ubuntu 21.04 where Chez Scheme is available from apt! It will work
on other systems as long as Chez Scheme is installed inside
/usr/lib/csv9.5.4/ta6le/. A future release will make this more
portable, and hopefully without arming user experience usability.

ref: https://github.com/scheme-ruse/ruse-exe#ruse-exe
ref: https://github.com/scheme-ruse/ruse-exe/releases/tag/v0.1.0
ref: https://github.com/gwatt/chez-exe

Amirouche Boubekki

Sep 3, 2021, 10:05:56 AM9/3/21
to chez-scheme
I made another release:

- fixed support for --petite that is now taken into account;
- I added a --dev flag to compile with object and instruction generation;
- Usage show the tag instead of the commit;

Happy scheming!

Amirouche Boubekki

Nov 11, 2021, 6:07:59 AM11/11/21
to chez-scheme