Joe Bonomo book

Vegan Bodybuilding

Jan 7, 2008, 6:03:32 PM1/7/08
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I’ve just finished reading a book called “The Famous junior Strongman’s cable-course” by Joe Bonomo (old time strongman & stuntman).  It was written for use with his strand set (called black beauty), but will work with any strand set.  It’s a pretty good read, but the downside – like many older works – is that it uses drawings, not photos to illustrate the book.  There are quite a few photos in there, but none for the strand course itself, which is a shame.  There are bits about diet, health & how to measure your “physical development quotient” (a series of tests you take now & again to see how much your strength has improved over time) & lots of other interesting bits included.  Basically everything you’d need to get the best from the course is included in the one book.  I found it a good buy & although I won’t be doing the course in the near future (I integrate strands with weights), I will take bits that can of use to me & add them into my training.

If you can get hold of it this book will be an asset to your library.

Just thought you guys would be interested,

All the best,

Pete

noice TM

Jan 9, 2008, 3:43:27 AM1/9/08
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
I do have this book myself. But he also has one with photo's, although the photo's do not show how the exercise have to be performed. Just like the drawing it has only one picture. I bought both books at ebay a few years ago. The photo version can also be found at the bonomo section at: www.sandowplus.co.uk  This book is also a bit more expanded but the first chapters are the same. There is just more extra information in this book, like what to do after the coure is finished.

From: pe...@veganbodybuilding.org
To: chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Joe Bonomo book
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 23:03:32 +0000