Squats

chest.e...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2006, 7:59:07 AM4/19/06
to exercise - chest expander exercises
I have been using them for nearly thirty years. It is my second
favourite system for the upper body (after pullups and push ups).
Although I haven´t used it so much for legs, I consider rubber band
deadlifts one of the best exercises for the core and erectors. I own a
pair of chest expanders, some rubber bands (Lifeline, I think) of
different strengths, and a lot of surgical tubing, which is my
favoutite stuff. I would like to make a harness or something of the
like for squats. I normally stand on one end of the strand or cable and
hold the other in my hand. This doesn´t allow a really heavy work. Any
ideas? Post from newest member (ironblack)

Vegan Bodybuilding

Apr 19, 2006, 5:19:48 PM4/19/06
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
Two ideas that spring to mind. First the dearer one, you could get an
ironmind super squat belt ($94.95), that has attachments for front & back &
can hold over 1,000 pound pressure (so no worries about it breaking!). The
second way is to get a strong belt, & attach a couple of ironmind daisy
chains ($15 a pair) between the belt & the strands. This would be less
secure than a custom-made belt, but a lot cheaper. Depends which option
your pocket can afford. Ironmind URL is
http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/opencms/ironmind/
I use a super squat belt for calf raises & have found it pretty good, I also
found it invaluable when I damaged my rotator cuff, so couldn't do squats
(couldn't rotate my shoulder enough to grip the bar), nor any upper body or
much at all, but at least I could do hip squats & calf raises (Life saver
that was!)

Pete www.veganbodybuilding.org