Reopen this forum

19 views
Skip to first unread message

Britt

unread,
Dec 1, 2019, 2:32:47 PM12/1/19
to exercise - chest expander exercises
If there is any interest, I would like to reopen this forum.

Kevin Wikse

unread,
Dec 3, 2019, 7:17:24 PM12/3/19
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
I am very open to that :) 

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 12:32 PM Britt <chest.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
If there is any interest, I would like to reopen this forum.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exe...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chest-expander-exercises/1beaa38c-8172-4776-9a5f-4fb022ce1596%40googlegroups.com.

Britt

unread,
Dec 3, 2019, 7:18:58 PM12/3/19
to exercise - chest expander exercises
This group is ready to receive messages again.

Daniel Lurie

unread,
Dec 3, 2019, 7:29:25 PM12/3/19
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps better as a facebook group?

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 2:32 PM Britt <chest.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
If there is any interest, I would like to reopen this forum.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exe...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chest-expander-exercises/1beaa38c-8172-4776-9a5f-4fb022ce1596%40googlegroups.com.


--
----------------------
Thanks,
Daniel R. Lurie

Britt

unread,
Dec 3, 2019, 7:31:57 PM12/3/19
to exercise - chest expander exercises
I am reopening it as it was before, not a Facebook group.


On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 6:29:25 PM UTC-6, Viking Dan wrote:
Perhaps better as a facebook group?

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 2:32 PM Britt <chest.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
If there is any interest, I would like to reopen this forum.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exercises+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Inchdisciple

unread,
Dec 3, 2019, 8:14:24 PM12/3/19
to exercise - chest expander exercises
I will contribute.

Pete Ryan

unread,
Dec 4, 2019, 3:58:12 AM12/4/19
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully there is enough interest to sustain it? A lot of forums closed due to expansion on the big social media sites, but maybe a new generation will look elsewhere for info so maybe it would work?
The timing is good for me as I have had to rethink my goals as powerlifting will not be possible, at least for a while, as I have a recurring back issue and I am looking for new physical challenges for 2020.
I do not have a lot of strand pulling equipment, I have an ironmind 'fabled cables' and a custom made set from the old ISSA (International Steel Strand pulling Association), I do not believe the organisation exists anymore? That was sized to my wingspan for competition. The steel strands are more awkward to use in my opinion (always pinching something or ripping out body hair), I prefer rubber tubing style.
I also have a few of the old-time strand pulling books, I will dig them out and share with the group if there is interest?
Hopefully the group thrives again?
Pete

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019, 19:32 Britt, <chest.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
If there is any interest, I would like to reopen this forum.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exe...@googlegroups.com.

Britt

unread,
Dec 4, 2019, 9:16:09 AM12/4/19
to exercise - chest expander exercises
Pete,
Please share the old time strandpulling books. They would be very interesting.
The only equipment I have is my Samson chest expander, but it is all I need as it can take lot of strands with plenty of resistance.
I am also getting a Bullworker for Christmas.

Vegan Bodybuilding

unread,
Dec 4, 2019, 2:23:28 PM12/4/19
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
I will dig some out. I am not sure if this list takes pictures, so I will post links of a few of the old time routines. I may be delayed as I have to sort out a new phone and my cat was in a serious incident (we are not sure what by her side was torn open). So, I am also looking her as she recovers from the operation (& my bank balance recovers from the expense!).
By when I get a moment I will dig out a book and put something of interest up and send a link out so everyone can have look.
Pete

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exe...@googlegroups.com.

Britt

unread,
Dec 4, 2019, 2:54:04 PM12/4/19
to exercise - chest expander exercises
Sorry to hear about your cat. Will pray for a quick recovery.


On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 1:23:28 PM UTC-6, Pete wrote:
I will dig some out. I am not sure if this list takes pictures, so I will post links of a few of the old time routines. I may be delayed as I have to sort out a new phone and my cat was in a serious incident (we are not sure what by her side was torn open). So, I am also looking her as she recovers from the operation (& my bank balance recovers from the expense!).
By when I get a moment I will dig out a book and put something of interest up and send a link out so everyone can have look.
Pete

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 14:16, Britt <chest.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
Pete,
Please share the old time strandpulling books. They would be very interesting.
The only equipment I have is my Samson chest expander, but it is all I need as it can take lot of strands with plenty of resistance.
I am also getting a Bullworker for Christmas.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exercises+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Pete Ryan

unread,
Mar 15, 2020, 8:08:05 AM3/15/20
to chest-expand...@googlegroups.com
There was a strand pulling association on the UK called the ISSA last century. I still have their custom made steel chest expander (probably a little rusty now as steel springs weren't the best for pulling (in my opinion - catching bodyhair, and if they snapped a bit of sharp metal moving at speed!). Anyway here is the cover of one of  their magazines from last century - The Strand puller. It was one of the old photocopied style of magazines (if you have seen the old fanzines from before computers you get the idea). The pictures were either overly dark or overexposed, the text was layed using cut and paste (as in literally cutting up text and gluing it to pages). This was from before home computer were a thing and you couldn't even store a photo as floppy discs were the height of technology (1.4mb on those beasts).
I never competed in the federation, but I did get as far as having a contest set made for me. I am not sure when the federation ended exactly. I think the federation name may have caused confusion as ISSA, as well as standing for International Steel Strandpulling Association was also the name of the International Sports Sciences Association (a well known personal training certification). Plus they never successfully made the transition into the digital age (no website or similar). So they disappeared into the mists of the past.
 Anyway, I thought you guys might be interested in it?

On a side note, for all of you thinking about ways to train while this coronavirus is about. Strand pulling can be done at home (even your friends who may not have a chest expander can use some bands). If you include some single leg and bodyweight stuff you can get a fantastic workout in.
Stay safe everybody and keep training!

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019, 19:54 Britt, <chest.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry to hear about your cat. Will pray for a quick recovery.

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 1:23:28 PM UTC-6, Pete wrote:
I will dig some out. I am not sure if this list takes pictures, so I will post links of a few of the old time routines. I may be delayed as I have to sort out a new phone and my cat was in a serious incident (we are not sure what by her side was torn open). So, I am also looking her as she recovers from the operation (& my bank balance recovers from the expense!).
By when I get a moment I will dig out a book and put something of interest up and send a link out so everyone can have look.
Pete

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 14:16, Britt <chest.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
Pete,
Please share the old time strandpulling books. They would be very interesting.
The only equipment I have is my Samson chest expander, but it is all I need as it can take lot of strands with plenty of resistance.
I am also getting a Bullworker for Christmas.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exe...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "exercise - chest expander exercises" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chest-expander-exe...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chest-expander-exercises/825c7249-c25e-4946-8275-764bfa782437%40googlegroups.com.
P_20200315_114329.jpg
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages