Sad news- Steve Bubar

cchristmann

Jul 28, 2021, 12:46:28 PM7/28/21
to CheshireCT Class of 1969
Steve Bubar died on July 17th.  He had been to our 40th reunion and had a great time.  When I contacted him about our 50th, he told me he was so disappointed he couldn't come but he was battling brain cancer. I heard from his sister about his death. You may remember that Steve was a short order cook at the Farm Shop for years, for those of us who worked there. He was a great guy. I thought I would pass along the eulogy from his funeral his sister sent me. Claudia

John Stephen Bubar  was born on August 30, 1951 to John and Edna Bubar in Orange, NJ.  He grew up in Cheshire, CT. As a senior in high school he decided to take Home Ec. He needed an easy A and he knew the classroom would be filled with girls. He was the first boy ever at Cheshire High to take Home Ec. His teacher noticed that Steve had a gift and encouraged him to go to the Culinary Inst. Of America in New Haven, CT.  In 1971 he graduated from CIA and became the chef at the Word of Life Inn in Schroon Lake, NY. While there he met and married Ruth in 1973.  After six years in NY Steve became head chef at St. Andrews Estates in Boca Raton, FL. His love for woodworking also began to develop and his ability to fix just about anything also grew in scope.  Steve shared his talents in the kitchen, on numerous mission trips and countless repair jobs. Steve loved and served this local church with his gifts and passion. He loved God, he loved the church, he loved his family and he loved others. He is survived by his wife of 47 years, 4 sons and their wives and 4 grandchildren.

claudia christmann

Jul 28, 2021, 8:29:23 PM7/28/21
to CheshireCT Class of 1969, reedrosecottage
Kras-There is a picture of you and John Calabro laughing in Home Ec in our yearbook. The writer of Steve's Eulogy didn't know about John being there too. That was interesting that a teacher encouraged Steve to go to culinary school, which changed his life. Claudia

On Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 06:43:53 PM EDT, reedrosecottage <reedros...@cox.net> wrote:

So sorry to hear of Steve's passing
Steve, John Calabro & myself were the 1st coed group in Home Economics
We had so much fun cooking together lots of laughs
Steve was a awesome cook!
He will be missed
Charron Kras Reed

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Phone.
Groups "CheshireCT Class of 1969" group.

This is not a classic interactive email group. It is only used for official communications to our classmates from the CHS reunion committee. The members of this list are not shared for privacy reasons.

We do maintain an interactive message board. Please join us by visiting:

http://sites.google.com/site/cheshirectclassof1969/Home/Meetingplace
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CheshireCT Class of 1969" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cheshirect-class-of-1969/36f4cb5a-c6eb-4491-9a54-3c7958eabfe4n%40googlegroups.com.