Re: [Chesapeake Bay Sailors] Digest for chesapeake-bay-sailors@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Sven Finnis

Sep 16, 2011, 9:19:23 PM9/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com, Digest Recipients
Thanks. We are sailing the Annapolis Oxford race tomorrow, so we will see what's lurking out there too.

Sven

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 16, 2011, at 8:00 PM, chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/chesapeake-bay-sailors/topics

 Topic: Debris in bay
    Auspicious <dsko...@gmail.com> Sep 16 05:07AM -0700 ^

    > Leaving Back Creek Annapolis at first light in the morning bound for
    > Church Creek off South River. Will report back.

    It was an interesting trip. Debris in Severn River included several
    propane tanks, at least three picnic table benches, some good sized
    logs, a lot of firewood, and a huge number of patches of grass and
    similar vegetation. In the Bay itself there was mostly branches and
    small logs. The South River was pretty clear.

    Southbound current in the Bay was consistently 1-1/2 to 2 knots.

    dave
    S/V Auspicious