Icom M710

Auspicious

Aug 11, 2011, 11:23:46 AM8/11/11
to Chesapeake Bay Sailors
Is there anyone in or near Annapolis who has an Icom M710 SSB who
would lend me the mic for some testing? I have a client whose radio
appears to have a dead mic. I'd like to confirm before we order new
hardware and risk delaying his departure to New England.

sail fast and eat well, dave
Dave Skolnick
S/V Auspicious
AuspiciousWorks.com
443-437-9084

Auspicious

Aug 15, 2011, 11:18:07 AM8/15/11
to Chesapeake Bay Sailors
Late last week I posted a request for help, to borrow an SSB
microphone to help me troubleshoot the installation of a cruising
sailor here in town for a bit.

I posted similar requests on other sailing fora and called everyone I
could think of. The other businesses I spoke to agreed with my
diagnosis and suggest I just order a new mic and bill the customer.
The other boards I posted on had some posts but no help. This small,
low traffic list resulted in three offers of mic. My particular thanks
go to Ted who is only a couple of miles away and helped demonstrate
with no question that the client's mic was bad (it was the electret
sensor for what it is worth). The other folks who offered microphones
are deeply appreciated. Thank you all very much.

You all make me proud to call Chesapeake Bay my cruising grounds, and
Annapolis my adopted hometown.