Anchoring inside Kent Island?

Steve

Mar 22, 2012, 8:44:04 PM3/22/12
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
I may be working at the boat show taking place in April at the Bay Bridge Marina on Kent Island. I'd rather not commute for an hour each day plus the toll, from the western shore.  For the 2 Annapolis boat shows in October I anchored out in Spa Creek, living aboard for the duration (and had the nicest commute of my life). I am considering doing the same for this show. But I have only been along the Chester River, and through the Narrows once when heading south without stopping. So I am not familiar with anchorages on the interior of the island. I'm looking on charts at the water between Bates Neck and Cox Neck.

I need a place with good holding where my boat would be safe from weather and strong currents. And ability to tie up a dinghy somewhere to walk or bike to the show site. (Given the marina is on the bay side I don't see doing a dinghy ride all the way around being feasible). My draft is a little over 5 ft.

 Any ideas?