Re: [Chesapeake Bay Sailors] Digest for chesapeake-bay-sailors@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Dave Skolnick

Mar 24, 2012, 6:41:08 AM3/24/12
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
ActiveCaptain shows a good anchorage in Warehouse Creek and the review
talks about anchoring up Cox Creek as well. I looked at the satellite
view and dinghy dockage doesn't leap out but there are a couple of
places where a road gets close to the shoreline.

Lee

Mar 24, 2012, 7:46:58 AM3/24/12
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

Just to add to Davis information

warehouse creek.bmp

  ~ ~̃ ~  _/)  ~~̃    -Lee

image001.png

Della Barba, Joe

Mar 24, 2012, 2:11:46 PM3/24/12
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

This is where I live.  I may have missed the original question.

Any local info I can help with?

Joe Della Barba

Coquina

Steve

Mar 24, 2012, 11:05:16 PM3/24/12
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

I was querying the group about anchorages on the inland waterways of Kent Island. I'm considering anchoring and staying aboard for the boat show rather than commuting daily from a home far west on the western shore. But I need a spot safe for 5.5ft draft and a place to land a dinghy so I can walk or bicycle to the show. Any thoughts? At this time I am think of anchoring in Annapolis and taking a daily shuttle. But still open to possibilities on Kent.

Steve

Della Barba, Joe

Mar 26, 2012, 11:43:30 AM3/26/12
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

Are you talking about the boat show they do at Bay Bridge marina?

Joe Della Barba

Steve

Mar 27, 2012, 2:38:49 AM3/27/12
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

Are you talking about the boat show they do at Bay Bridge marina?

Joe Della Barba

Yes. Though now I expect not to try and anchor on Kent during the show, it would be nice to know what anchorages are available for visiting at a later time.