July 4th Events

Lee .

May 15, 2011, 7:11:04 AM5/15/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
For anyone interested in Fireworks near Annapolis:

July 2nd St Michaels
http://historic.stmichaelsmd.org/Events/details/big-band-night-and-fireworks

July 3rd Rockhall
http://www.rockhallmd.com/calendar2.php?month=July&date=2011

July 4th Annapolis
http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/popup.php?op=view&id=36875092&crd=annapolis&

--
      ~~ ˜̃ ~_/) ~˜̃ ~~☼    -|_ee

Donna R. Ferron

May 16, 2011, 10:29:28 AM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lee.

Chestertown usually has fireworks the day before Rock Hall but I can't seem to find information online.

We keep our boat in Rock Hall and last year every available slip in our marina was filled. They probably had more boats they could have rented slips to since we were asked if we were going to use ours. If you want a slip in Rock Hall for the fireworks: reserve early!

Donna

Alan Neustadtl

May 16, 2011, 10:42:24 AM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

I have never been to the Rock Hall fireworks.  Where are they held?  What's a good place to see them from?  Any marina recommendations that are good for seeing the fireworks?

Thanks,
Alan

On May 16, 2011 10:29 AM, "Donna R. Ferron" <drfe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Lee.
>
> Chestertown usually has fireworks the day before Rock Hall but I can't seem
> to find information online.
>
> We keep our boat in Rock Hall and last year every available slip in our
> marina was filled. They probably had more boats they could have rented slips
> to since we were asked if we were going to use ours. If you want a slip in
> Rock Hall for the fireworks: reserve early!
>
> Donna
>

> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Lee . <sail...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For anyone interested in Fireworks near Annapolis:
>>
>> July 2nd St Michaels
>>
>> http://historic.stmichaelsmd.org/Events/details/big-band-night-and-fireworks
>>
>> July 3rd Rockhall
>> http://www.rockhallmd.com/calendar2.php?month=July&date=2011
>>
>> July 4th Annapolis

Lee

May 16, 2011, 10:53:07 AM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

The fireworks are in Rockhall harbor. We always anchor out in Swan Creek because it is one of the most beautiful anchorages on the bay.  It is protected and very peaceful.

-Lee

  ~ ~  _/)  ~  ☼  -Lee

Donna R. Ferron

May 16, 2011, 10:55:15 AM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
Alan,

The fireworks are set off from a barge or boat near the harbor. If you're interested in a marina, the prime spot would be any inside the harbor. We're in Gratitude and while we can't hear the music, we can see the fireworks from our boat with no problem. Last year we stood on the bulkhead which is slightly closer but my mother stayed in the cockpit and said that she could see just fine.

Many boats anchored behind GC1 near Deadman Point. They started arriving the day before. The post-fireworks show was watching the majority of them try to leave at the same time at the end of the night.

Haven Harbour has taken over trolley duties (limited to Rock Hall) so if you anchor or get a slip in Swan Creek you might be able to take the trolley over to the harbor or just walk over to the bulkhead at Gratitude.

We preferred the bulkhead as we could also see the other fireworks in the distance on the mainland.

Donna

Donna R. Ferron

May 16, 2011, 11:11:13 AM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
Just an FYI for anyone who wants a slip in the harbor:

The entrance to the harbor has shoaled to a controlling depth of 4.5 feet, mean lower low water.

This from an article in the Rock Hall Wave:

http://rockhallwave.com/2011/04/18/rock-hall-harbor-shoaling-problem-request-made-to-re-locate-2-day-marks/

I don't know if it will be fixed by July. I doubt it. Probably no problem at high tide but it means you have to plan carefully.

Donna

Brian Wheeler

May 16, 2011, 12:56:04 PM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
My neighbor, a powerboater went through it the other day and said he was at 3 feet.

_________________
Brian Wheeler
wheelerwbrian at yahoo dot com
Magothy River
Chesapeake Bay
1988 Ericson 38-200
S/Y Palmetto Blues

May 16, 2011, 1:42:46 PM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

L - looks like some boats will be trapped in there!

I’ll check Kent Narrows for you all soon – got my new engine in J

Joe Della Barba

Alan Neustadtl

May 16, 2011, 1:51:03 PM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone for the information. My family and I talk about
going every year but have never done it. Maybe this is the year!

Best,
Alan

sai...@comcast.net

May 16, 2011, 8:13:21 PM5/16/11
to chesapeake-...@googlegroups.com

Joe,

Will you be through the narrows before Saturday? I need to go through on Saturday with a 5’ draft on the way to the Wye.

Thanks,

Chuck Fort

Della Barba, Joe

May 17, 2011, 9:21:29 AM5/17/11