There's a python in my cherry pie!

fumanchu

Mar 17, 2006, 11:48:06 PM3/17/06
to cherrypy-users
http://projects.amor.org/misc/wiki/HTTPREPL

'Nuff said.

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries
fuma...@amor.org

Christian Wyglendowski

Mar 18, 2006, 10:59:58 AM3/18/06
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com
fumanchu wrote:
> http://projects.amor.org/misc/wiki/HTTPREPL
>
> 'Nuff said.

!!

That's great! Too bad the JS isn't as simple as the Python on the
server side. Still, it looks very simple and effective as a whole.

Christian
http://www.dowski.com

Remi Delon

Mar 19, 2006, 6:41:36 AM3/19/06
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com
> http://projects.amor.org/misc/wiki/HTTPREPL

This is pretty cool !
I can see myself "mounting" this app on all my CP sites (with a
login/password of course) and then go and inspect what's going on if my site
doesn't work as expected ...

Remi.

ami...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2006, 7:29:11 AM3/19/06
to cherrypy-users
I always dreamed off this kind of interpreter (where one could analyze
things in a running environment). Wow :) that's pretty neat work!

Robert Brewer

Mar 19, 2006, 10:15:32 AM3/19/06
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com

Why else do you think I wrote it? ;) My main app keeps maxing out my RAM and I need to find out why. I already found some 300 circular references per thread!

By the way, here's an easy way to add security:

import httprepl
repl = httprepl.Root()

class Root:
def _get_terminal(self):
if not myapp.login() in myapp.developers():
raise myapp.AccessDeniedError
return repl
terminal = property(_get_terminal)

Then all calls to /terminal/* will have the security check.

winmail.dat

Sviatoslav Sydorenko (@webknjaz)

Feb 14, 2019, 7:27:17 AM2/14/19
to cherrypy-users
Hi, since the source code of that tool is no longer accessible, here's a few alternatives:

And a generic article: https://hackernoon.com/python-3-7s-new-builtin-breakpoint-a-quick-tour-4f1aebc444c

субота, 18 березня 2006 р. 05:48:06 UTC+1 користувач fumanchu написав:

Björn Pedersen

Aug 12, 2019, 1:36:15 AM8/12/19
to cherrypy-users
I think you can still find the sources here: