Gold Price Widget 4.0

ceaser

Sep 15, 2007, 6:12:28 PM9/15/07
to Thomas' Software
I'm happy to announce that after a much longer delay then I
anticipated, Gold Widget 4.0 is ready and available for release. The
main feature in this version is a reworked Theme setting. Now there
are two settings for controlling the coin that you see, Theme and
Size. Theme controls the overall coin set (nationality), while Size
allows you to pick the denomination (ounce, half ounce, quarter
ounce...) of coin with in the Theme. It is also possible to use your
own image if you don't like any of mine.

You can also choice the currency to display the price in. There are
23 to pick from and as many as possible (due to HTML limitations)
include currency specific currency symbols.

Finally, I have fixed the widgets ability to call a shell script when
ever it gets a new Gold Price. This feature was removed some time
ago, I forget why, but now it's back and I would like to promote it
more in the hopes that someone out there will come up with something
cool to do with it.

http://homepage.mac.com/jceaser/software/dashboard/gold/

On a personal note, I would like to apologize for taking so long to
come out with a new version and I would like to thank all of you who
have waited. The reasons for the delay are mainly tired to the fact
that I bought my first house and latter we got a puppy. I had no idea
how much time these two things would take out of your life. :)