Reminder: September Monthly Meet

vijay...@bravegnu.org

Sep 26, 2013, 12:18:34 AM9/26/13
to chen...@python.org, chen...@googlegroups.com
= September Monthly Meet

== Date & Time

28 September
3:00pm to 5:00pm

== Venue

Zilogic Systems,
Fourth Main Road,
Kamaraj Nagar,
Thiruvanmiyur,
Chennai

Location map: http://www.zilogic.com/contact.html

== Agenda

Talk 1: Setting up your Python Environment
by Prasanna Venkadesh
Duration: 45min

Getting started with a language like Python is bullet-fast, but
picking up the Standard practices on the way requires time and
effort. This talk will explain about setting the environment before
getting started with a Python / Django project using VirtualEnv,
VirtualEnvwrapper, Pip / easy_install, Fabrics. Following such
practices would make the development easier.

Talk 2: Python Byte Code Hacking
by Vijay Kumar
Duration: 45min

The Python interpreter converts Python programs into byte codes and
executes them. In this talk we will understand what these byte codes
mean, how to disassemble them and how to modify them to do some really
cool stuff. We will work our way up with small examples and at the end
of the talk we will have our own working implementation of this recipe
-- http://code.activestate.com/recipes/576944-the-goto-decorator/

If you would like to give a lightning talk, just come prepared, we
will be able to accommodate you.

If you are new to Python, the tutorial at
http://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/python/ will give you a quick
overview of what Python is all about.

Regards,
Vijay