The food and drink thread

RichardR

Nov 15, 2012, 9:33:01 PM11/15/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
Once we've built up some more cash and paid everyone who needs to be paid, we're going on a Costco/Makro run!
Question is, what do we get?
This isn't so much a vote but more getting an idea of what to look out for.
Individually wrapped items with a long shelf life would be best.

Ross

Dec 9, 2012, 9:03:47 AM12/9/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
Right... So we want ideally shelfable items.

- Coke (Cans)
- Other assorted fizzy drinks (Also cans)
- Crisps (We can elaborate on that)
- Biscuits (Cheap, awesome, we could have a barrel or a box or something, we can open packets for certain spaces or whatever)

I doubt we'll need hell of a lot of different items other than that, unless people like nuts and stuff?

Just some ideas off of the top of my head

Sam Gibson

Dec 9, 2012, 9:22:53 AM12/9/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
SALTED PEANUTS

Totally serious here.

RichardR

Dec 9, 2012, 11:58:34 AM12/9/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
Another thing I forgot to mention, non-messy foods are good to look out for, things that don't produce lots of crumbs or grease that could affect projects.

Ross

Dec 9, 2012, 12:00:34 PM12/9/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
Baked crisps are good for that.

I still like the idea of biscuits, grease isn't a problem there as such.

RichardR

Dec 9, 2012, 12:05:31 PM12/9/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, biscuits are good as long as we stay away from those that seem to instantly crumble before you've even got them home!

Ross

Dec 9, 2012, 12:17:02 PM12/9/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
>Tesco value biscuits. Always. XD

Alex Eary

Dec 9, 2012, 12:29:34 PM12/9/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
I brought 1 pack of Chocolate Digestives, Caramel wafer bars and white chocolate bar for like £1.50 on Saturday, Tesoc Value is cheap as anything

Will

Dec 10, 2012, 8:43:57 AM12/10/12
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com

Dr Pepper is always a good choice.