IT badge with the Cubs.

RichardR

Jan 22, 2013, 6:25:17 PM1/22/13
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
The Cub Scout leader for Galleywood Scouting (my Mum) wants us to come in and do two evenings with two groups of Cubs for their IT badge.

We have four dates we can do the two evenings, 28th February, 7th March, 14th March, 21st March.
Times are 6:30 to 8:00PM.
We're looking at 12-15 Cubs at a time.
One Raspberry Pi to maybe 3 Cubs or so depending on how many we can get together.
What we're actually doing is to be decided as soon as I know what the IT badge requires.

We mostly want the (ex-)Scouts to help with this but anyone can help if they have a Pi, a display, keyboard or mouse they can bring.
Chelmsford Makerspace will get some money for doing this.

Anyone who can help out, report in!

James Hyland

Jan 24, 2013, 4:36:56 AM1/24/13
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
I'll be happy to help, I can provide a Pi, screen, keyboard and mouse.

Ben Orrin

Jan 24, 2013, 7:06:40 AM1/24/13
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there, can probably bring my pi a few keyboard/mice and two
screens. If anybody has any VGA adapters we can use with the pi's, then
I have a further two screens I could bring.

Might be worth asking Tom if we can borrow a few Pi's from him for a day
or so.

On 24/01/13 09:36, James Hyland wrote:
> I'll be happy to help, I can provide a Pi, screen, keyboard and mouse. --
> Groups "Chelmsford Makerspace" group.
> To post to this group, send email to
> chelmsford...@googlegroups.com.

James Hyland

Jan 24, 2013, 11:45:29 AM1/24/13
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
What kind of VGA adapter?

RichardR

Jan 24, 2013, 3:33:43 PM1/24/13
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
It'll have to be a scan converter.
To be honest though it's not worth converting HDMI to VGA.

Anyway, I have a TV we can use.

Sam Gibson

Jan 25, 2013, 4:04:45 PM1/25/13
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
I can help out (and bring Pi/Mouse/Screen). I'm an ex-scout as well, so idk if that helps or not.

Alex Cowell

Jan 25, 2013, 4:09:11 PM1/25/13
to chelmsford...@googlegroups.com
I might be able to, will have to check closer to the dates, I can bring a Pi, keyboard and mouse (no screen)
And I'm still a (explorer) scout! :I