Wundthaus

Christopher Green

Jul 5, 2024, 3:36:00 AMJul 5
to Cheiron
Yesterday, I visited the house of Wilhelm Wundt in Großbothen, Germany (about a half hour from Leipzig). It is being renovated by a team led by Andreas Jüttemann. During the years of the DDR, it was divided up into apartments but, as you can see from the photos attached, they are making terrific progress toward restoring and improving it. The ultimate aim is to create a museum, library, and research center. The attic (the final photo) is being made into a room suitable for a class or conference.

For more information about how to contribute to this important effort, see: https://www.mhb-fontane.de/en/details-en/wilhelm-wundt-building-restoration-has-started
Christopher D Green
Department of Psychology
York University
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Canada

Editor, History of Psychology (journal)
———
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpeg

Morris, Edward K.

Jul 5, 2024, 4:10:22 AMJul 5
to cheiro...@googlegroups.com

Chris- Thanks. Lucky you to be there. I am jealous. The amount of work being done on Wundt’s house and its detail are, one might say, over-wilhelming. See you in Paris, perhaps.   -Ed