FW: Call for proposals EPA Annual Meeting March 2-4, 2023

Cathy Faye

Sep 19, 2022, 9:41:56 AM9/19/22
to shp-li...@googlegroups.com, cheiro...@googlegroups.com, York U. History & Theory of Psychology

[Apologies for cross postings]

Hello fellow historians,

I’m writing as the current History Program Chair for the Eastern Psychological Association. The 2023 meeting will take place March 2-4 in Boston and I’d love to see some of you there. This year’s history keynote will be delivered by Dr. Theopia Jackson, who will be speaking on the history of positive psychology and Black psychology.

I welcome all submission related to the historical, theoretical, and critical studies of psychology. The submission deadline is December 1, 2022. Please see the official call and details below. Note you must be a member of EPA to present, but the membership fees are reasonable and you then do not pay a conference registration fee on top of that.

Please see the official call below. Hope to see some of you in Boston to talk history! Please pass this along to your colleagues and other list servs.

Cathy

----------

Cathy Faye, Ph.D. (she/her)

Margaret Clark Morgan Executive Director

Drs. Nicholas and Dorothy Cummings Center for the History of Psychology

Associate Research Professor, Department of Psychology

The University of Akron

-----

Dear Colleagues:

The purpose of this email is to invite you to submit a paper, poster, or symposium proposal for the annual Eastern Psychological Association meeting, which will be held at the beautiful Westin Copley Place Hotel in Boston on March 2-4, 2023.

The submissions portal is open now and will close promptly at 5:00 PM EST on December 1, 2022.   To access the portal, please use the login information on the Members Only page.  Please be certain to read the EPA submissions guidelines  and the FAQs prior to preparing your submission.  Please remember that only Members, Fellows, Graduate students and Associates (i.e., student members) with an expiration date of May 31, 2023, may submit proposals for the meeting (see Memberships and Dues below).

Student submissions: All Associates must have a faculty sponsor who, at the time of the submission, is a current EPA Member with dues paid for the current year (exp. 5/31/2023).

The deadline for the special undergraduate poster session also is December 1, 2022, 5:00 PM.  Please see the Undergraduate submission guidelines here.

The 2023 meeting will continue EPA's tradition of offering cutting edge developments in psychological science, application and teaching in the form of exciting lectures, symposia and posters.  Don’t delay: complete your research project and prepare to submit.  Check our website regularly for the updated list of invited keynote presentations and other news.

Here are the important dates:

·     December 1 – Deadline for ALL submissions

·     December 30 – Decisions emailed.

·     January 15 – Program published on the EPA website.

Other things to remember:

·     IMPORTANT:  You will receive an email acknowledgement of your submission.  If you don't receive it, something's amiss and you should write to us.  Add epaexec...@gmail.com to your email contacts to ensure that you receive all important notices about your submission.

·     IMPORTANT:   The actual date of emailed decisions will be posted on the EPA website.  When that date is posted, you should have heard something – if not write to:  epaexec...@gmail.com.   Do not wait until January 15 or later to ask about the decision.  If you haven’t heard by the posted date, write to us.

·     IMPORTANT:  The December 1 deadline is firm.

·     IMPORTANT: The program will be published online at the EPA website in mid-January.  This will be your first opportunity to look at the overall program and to learn when your presentation has been scheduled.  Be sure to check the PDF for your name, title and abstract, date and time of your presentation.  We cannot correct errors that were in your submission.

·     We will print a limited number of bound copies of the program, which you can order online when you renew your membership.  In addition to the pdf version on the EPA website, there will be a digital program app available for smart phones, tablets and computers.

Memberships and Dues

Dues:  At its last meeting, the EPA Board of Directors approved a new membership fee schedule that went into effect on September 1, 2022 and shown in the following table:

Early

Before 12/1/22

Regular

12/1/22- 2/25/23

Late

After 2/25/23

Undergraduate (EPA Associate)

$35

$35

$50

Graduate Student

$55

$55

$75

Member

$85

$110

$150

Notes:  EPA members may present one paper, one poster and one symposium as first (or presenting) author at the meeting.  Graduate students may present one paper and one poster as first (or presenting) author at the meeting.   Undergraduates (EPA Associates) may present one poster as first (or presenting) author at the meeting.  There is no limit on the number of presentations an individual may appear on as a co-author.  Graduate students my choose to register as EPA Associates, in which case they my present only one poster as first author.

Anniversary Society:  To acknowledge and celebrate EPA’s 125th anniversary in 2020, the EPA Board of Directors established a new category of membership, the Anniversary Society.  This level of membership is available to all members and fellows.  Membership in the Anniversary Society signifies a special commitment to EPA’s mission and carries a number of additional external benefits:  a designation in the program as a “125th year member,” recognition at the meeting, and additional EPA merchandise.  The cost of joining EPA as an Anniversary Society member is $125 before February 25, 2023.

To pay dues, go to www.easternpsychological.org, and login with your user name and password in the box, Current Members Start Here.  Then click on the Renew Your Membership tab on the right side of the page.  Use your credit card to pay your dues.  I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Thanks again for your membership in EPA,

Paul Schnur, Ph.D.

mailto:epaexec...@gmail.com

Your login name is cf...@uakron.edu.

Your password is $2a$08$CEFYcSarr1kA0pwoEOiSoORC5vo4e3Z/61f8joouAFmULaTj8pFLy.