New OA book: 1964 interviews with Abraham Maslow, Jerome Bruner, Herbert Simon, B. F. Skinner, David McClelland, and Milton Rokeach

Jeff Pooley

Mar 13, 2023, 5:10:47 PM3/13/23
to Cheiron Forum
Hi everyone,

I am writing to share a new OA book that might interest folks on this list—it is, strangely, a 1964 Brandeis undergraduate thesis I stumbled across in the course of an extended oral history of its author, Larry Gross, a social psych (Columbia 1968) PhD who went on to a prominent career in communication research. Working under Abe Maslow, Gross conducted lengthy autobiographical interviews of Maslow, Jerome Bruner, Herbert Simon, B. F. Skinner, David McClelland, and Milton Rokeach, on the topic of (their) creativity. It’s a fascinating read, so my tiny nonprofit press just published it as a side project, with the history of psychology community in mind:

https://www.mediastudies.press/creativity

I hope some find it of interest!

Best, Jeff

---------

Jeff Pooley
Professor of Media & Communication, Muhlenberg College
Director, mediastudies.press
jeffpooley.com

Morris, Edward K.

Mar 13, 2023, 5:18:38 PM3/13/23
to cheiro...@googlegroups.com

Thanks!

Vincent Hevern

Mar 13, 2023, 7:35:58 PM3/13/23
to cheiro...@googlegroups.com
This is terrific! Many thanks.

Vinny

Vincent W. Hevern, SJ
Professor, Psychology
Le Moyne College
1419 Salt Springs Rd.
Syracuse, NY 13214 USA

Harry Heft

Mar 13, 2023, 8:50:40 PM3/13/23
to cheiro...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful!  Looking forward to reading it.
Harry

--
Harry Heft
Professor Emeritus