Very strange behavior for /checlists.xml

Andrey Larionov

Sep 29, 2013, 6:23:43 PM9/29/13
to checkv...@googlegroups.com
According to documentation specifying parameter archived, will return archived lists. I assume what default value of archived parameter is =false. But specifying archived=false returns strange reponse body
<nil_classes/>

Could you explain this?

KIR

Oct 1, 2013, 4:17:37 PM10/1/13
to checkv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrey,

   Currently it works in a way that when 'archived' parameter is present (regardless its value), only archived lists are returned.
   In browser /checklists.xml?archived=true works as expected for me. Did you authenticate user correctly for the call?

   Regards,
   KIR

Kirill (KIR) Maximov
Software Engineer & Starter

Twitter:       http://twitter.com/maxkir
Google+      http://gplus.to/maxkir
Skype:        maxkir
http://kirblog.idetalk.com | http://checkvist.com | http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity

Andrey Larionov

Oct 2, 2013, 9:34:56 AM10/2/13
to checkv...@googlegroups.com, KIR
Thanks for response.
Looks like <nil_classes/> returns, when there is no elements in collection.
Same result i receive when requesting tasks for empty checklist.
--
Andrey Larionov

KIR

Oct 3, 2013, 6:41:17 AM10/3/13
to checkv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrey,

  Indeed, looks like a bug. I've fixed it and will update our beta server with the fix today. The production server will probably be updated on the weekend.

  Thanks!
  KIR

Andrey Larionov

Oct 3, 2013, 1:54:10 PM10/3/13
to KIR, checkv...@googlegroups.com
Also will be great if documentation will explain error handling, like requesting invalid resource or requesting data with insufficient permissions and so on.
--
Andrey Larionov

KIR

Oct 10, 2013, 10:33:03 AM10/10/13
to checkv...@googlegroups.com
Andrey, in general, for invalid resource you should get HTTP 404, for insufficient permissions HTTP 403.
I agree that it would be better to describe error handling in more detail, and I hope I'll find time for that someday.

Regards,
KIR