Issue with ci(sonarqube) and JDK version

Manish Krishna

Jan 15, 2024, 5:30:31 AMJan 15
to checkstyle-devel
Hey  Roman Ivanov

I was working on existing issues in the project specifically the Enforce file size on Java Inputs [https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/issues/11163]. While testing, I have encountered a failing ci [https://circleci.com/gh/checkstyle/checkstyle/475914]. I tried to understand the check and started exploring the files, getting to know that ci/circleci:sonarqube is reporting an error related to outdated jdk version (11.0.20.1). Normally, that should not have been an issue as I had jdk version 17.0.9 running on my system. However, the version used to run the analysis was the prior and Sonarcloud now requires v17 or later.
I am new to this project and still familiarizing with the code base, So please correct me if I am wrong in this.
Capture1.JPG

Is the error because of this -
Capture2.JPG

Do you think this is a genuine issue? Maybe, updating the jdk to v17 will resolve the issue? If yes, I would love to work on this under your guidance and resolve it as soon as I can!!