Re: Issue with JDK validation

Roman Ivanov

Jan 17, 2024, 11:10:10 AMJan 17
to Manish Krishna, checkstyle-devel
It is general issue, we disabled Sonarqube validation from yesterday

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024, 02:02 Manish Krishna <manish0...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi  Roman Ivanov

I was working on existing issues in the project specifically the Enforce file size on Java Inputs [https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/issues/11163]. While testing, I have encountered a failing ci [https://circleci.com/gh/checkstyle/checkstyle/475914]. I tried to understand the check and started exploring the files, getting to know that ci/circleci:sonarqube is reporting an error related to outdated jdk version (11.0.20.1). Normally, that should not have been an issue as I had jdk version 17.0.9 running on my system. However, the version used to run the analysis was the prior and Sonarcloud now requires v17 or later.
I am new to this project and still familiarizing with the code base, So please correct me if I am wrong in this. Is the jdk version defaulting to the set minimal v11.0.20.1 if unable to find the specified versions in [https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/blob/master/.circleci/config.yml] ?
One other thing noticed is jdk versions of release 17 other than v17.0.5 and v17.0.7 are not being detected when I tried to run the test case with various versions of jdk. I did not understand yet if this commit [https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/commit/20a52f70548476a4ca3bb0f56e4d8fcd9cd775b7] has something to do with it.
Capture1.JPG
Or if it is because of this -
Capture2.JPG
Do you think this is a genuine issue? If yes, I would love to work on this under your guidance and resolve it as soon as I can!!