Cannot generate required jars with ./gradlew assemble

Jugal Mistry

Aug 5, 2020, 10:21:37 AM8/5/20
to checker-framework-gsoc
On Running ./gradlew assemble in $CHECKERFRAMEWORK dir, the build shows it is successful, but does not generate the jars in $CHECKERFRAMEWORK/checker/dist/: javac,jar, checker-source.jar, checker-qual.jar
As a result I cannot pass allTests. I cannot even deduce if my environment is missing a dependency as ./gradlew assemble passes without any errors.
I am running only Fedora 32 on my system, if that helps, although I don't think that will matter.

Michael Ernst

Aug 5, 2020, 12:16:17 PM8/5/20
to Jugal Mistry, checker-framework-gsoc
I'm sorry you are having trouble.  We would like to help you, but we cannot do so from this incomplete bug report.  I was not able to reproduce your problem, though I didn't boot up a Fedora 32 computer to try.

Here are some things you might try:
 * ensure that you have pulled master
 * ensure that there are no local changes
 * run `./gradlew clean` before `./gradlew assemble`

If those don't work, can you please provide all the details that were requested in the issue template https://github.com/typetools/checker-framework/issues/new and the bug reporting section of the manual (https://checkerframework.org/manual/#reporting-bugs)?  Please also run `./gradlew generateGitProperties` and attach the build/resources/main/git.properties file.  This will enable us to reproduce the problem, fix it, and verify the fix.  Thanks!

Mike