Marseille Airport - MRS - A User's Guide

1 view

Jodi Lake

Apr 5, 2010, 9:58:17 PM4/5/10
to Cheap Airfare Tickets
Marseille - MRS
Marseille is the so called "Second City" of France and naturally has
one of the busiest airports in France. MArseille airport is actually
the third largest airport in France after Paris and is one of only a
few Provincial airports that have two runways. You can fly from
Marseille to many destinations all over the world rather than being
limited to just a few international routes.
Marseille Airport Car Hire
If you're flying into Marseille airport and are going to be hiring a
car then don't worry. All the big names are well represented at
Marseille such as Hertz, Budget, Avis etc. The car hire desks can be
found in the main terminal in Hall 4.
It's a good idea to pre-book your car hire online and after several
years of experience of hiring cars it's well worth reading our
detailed car hire pages on our website to find out how to get the best
deals.
Marseille Airport Arrivals
One of the interesting things about Marseille airport for those flying
from the UK and Ireland is that Marseille was the first airport in
europe to offer a dedicated "Low cost" airline terminal. MP2 as it's
known is only small and is pretty basic but does the job well enough.
After all, if we're paying 50' for a return flight from the UK we
shouldn't really have much to complain about. If you're meeting a
flight from Marseille then my website will give you live flight
arrival information that you will find very useful. Particulary if the
flight you are meeting has been delayed.
Marseille Airport Taxis
The main taxi rank at Marseille is just outside Hall 2 which is a bit
of a walk from the MP2 terminal so if you have lots of luggage,
elderly companions or small children it's worth sending one person off
to grab a taxi and leave the others at MP2.
Marseille Airport Bars and Restaurants
Choice in MP2 is pretty limited I'm afraid. You've got two small cafes
in the public area of the terminal building and a slightly broader
choice up on the first floor once you go through passport control. The
usual selection of sandwiches, croissants, teas and coffees are to be
found upstairs but it's pretty pricey as you'd expect so might be
worth making yourself a few sarnies at home before you set off. don't
forget the limitations on taking drinks through passport control
though.