IMAX B6AC clone - this is some other model , is it possible to upload new software ?

Lako Kako

Mar 31, 2024, 8:15:52 AMMar 31
to cheali-charger
Is it possible to upload this new software to it. Is the processor suitable for this . Does anyone know what is the arrangement of these pins I mean MISO, SCK, RST, VCC, MOSI, GND. Thanks for your help.
a_photo_4_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg
a_photo_1_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg
a_photo_2_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg
a_photo_7_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg
a_photo_8_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg
a_photo_5_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg
a_photo_9_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg
a_photo_6_2024-03-31_13-13-45.jpg

diggit

Mar 31, 2024, 9:12:29 AMMar 31
to cheali-charger

Lako Kako

Mar 31, 2024, 9:30:03 AMMar 31
to cheali-charger
Ok thanks for the link. So I bought the Chinese shit

diggit

Mar 31, 2024, 3:57:34 PMMar 31
to cheali-charger
I would not say it this way. Generally MCU inside your charger is better than ATmega32. Yeah, balancer analog part could be better, but it can be compensated by SW.
There just was not anybody to finish porting cheali to this MCU yet.
In the end, 99% of these chargers are manufactured or even designed in China...

Lako Kako

Mar 31, 2024, 5:21:45 PMMar 31
to cheali-charger
Thanks for the info , I wanted to change the software because I wanted to have access to the internal resistance of the measured cells and the possibility of calibration. But if it is not possible at the moment it is difficult . But I found something like this what is it ?

charge-me-up

Custom Firmware / Patches for clone iMax B6 charger (CMS32L051)

https://github.com/DSchndr/charge-me-up

SWD Access

In order to get SWD access, you have to dismantle the device.
To do that remove the 4 extremely short screws from one side, then pop the button extensions out with a flat head screwdriver.
Once you have the device in front of you, you will see a obvious unpopulated pinheader on top which has a box drawn around it.
The pinout is: 5v gnd clk dio gnd p51 p50

Connect an STLink 1:1 to it. Use 3.3V instead of 5V and DO NOT PLUG IN POWER

Dumping the flash

Get openocd and read the device memory with
.\openocd.exe -f OpenOCD-20231002-0.12.0\share\openocd\scripts\interface\stlink-dap.cfg -f openocd\dump_flash.cfg
The main flash contents and dataflash will be in their files respectively.
Check those files before continuing.

Erasing the Flash

ACHTUNG, be sure as heck that you have a working dump.
.\openocd.exe -f OpenOCD-20231002-0.12.0\share\openocd\scripts\interface\stlink-dap.cfg -f openocd\erase_flash.cfg

Writing the Flash

Make sure you erased the flash, as to why: find it out and learn something :)
Writes flash_main.bin
.\openocd.exe -f OpenOCD-20231002-0.12.0\share\openocd\scripts\interface\stlink-dap.cfg -f openocd\write_flash.cfg

Dude, Where's my Car? Calibration Menu?

There is no calibration menu in the original firmware.

Schematic

HeHa has already done that here    https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/basteln/Konsumg%C3%BCter/Ladeger%C3%A4te/b6-cms.zip/Hauptplatine.wmf?as=SVG

Lako Kako

Apr 18, 2024, 12:47:34 PMApr 18
to cheali-charger
te imax B6 never ceases to amaze me. When discharging or charging to full as it reaches its intended destination it gives a signal that it is finished and in the process deletes and zeros the box on the bottom right. There is no telling what the end result is. Is this also the case in other models?
1008.mp4
01Przechwytywanie.JPG

Roberto Garcia

Apr 18, 2024, 2:15:07 PMApr 18
to Lako Kako, cheali-charger
/
/

Delete the bottom right of the screen?

My imax b6 with original software , at the bottom right of the screen, shows accumulate mAH of charging and of course, it is not going to zero, unless you terminate the process by pressing the stop button.

OK... "The cheali " mod... I don't know what is at that position.

/

Roberto Garcia

Apr 18, 2024, 3:21:35 PMApr 18
to Lako Kako, cheali-charger

/
/

Oh nooo!!! Sorry for my answer.

Your imaxb6 is not working properly.
You need to change the bad sensing Amp resistor... 0.05 ohms...

Open it and At the right lower corner, the resistor to the left near the mosfet.

/

El jue, 18 de abr. de 2024 12:47 p. m., Lako Kako <marli...@gmail.com> escribió:

Lako Kako

Apr 19, 2024, 6:30:59 AMApr 19
to cheali-charger
in the video is recorded as it charges and finishes charging is Full and deletes the result in mah the one on the bottom right . so I think there is something wrong with it....

Is it supposed to be the one marked with the red arrow.

also bad resistor has 0.05 ohms , should I change it to 0.05 ohms?

thanks for the information and help.

if I have marked it wrong you can point it out to me in this picture which is attached . Greetings thanks

001.png

Roberto Garcia

Apr 19, 2024, 6:58:57 AMApr 19
to Lako Kako, cheali-charger
/
/

I rechecked the video. That fail is very strange.

When the imax b6 reads zero on the stunt Amp resistor , we know it shows a zero on the acumulate but ALL the time.

On the picture , you can see two resistor.
The left one works sensing Amp reading with the reverse polarity mosfet  and the right one, works with the discharge mosfet, on the back side.

The resistor you need to check and replace is the left one. 0.05 ohms.

/

IMG_20230819_174715_103_transcpr.jpg

Lako Kako

Apr 19, 2024, 9:13:33 AMApr 19
to cheali-charger
Does soldering the resistor looking at the colors of the stripes make a difference? Because in my case they are in the same order ,but yours are in reverse order?
rezystor.png

diggit

Apr 19, 2024, 9:56:54 AMApr 19
to cheali-charger
Hi,
your resistors look completely fine. If your charger can measure charging and discharging current, they have to be fine.
Observed behavior of original FW can be bug. There is not much we can do about it.

Lako Kako

Apr 19, 2024, 10:02:24 AMApr 19
to cheali-charger
I checked with an ordinary meter these resistors - this is what it looks like - is it ok. is the one with 00.3 to be replaced? Thanks greetings

rez 2.JPG
rez 1.JPG

diggit

Apr 19, 2024, 11:19:21 AMApr 19
to cheali-charger
That looks fine. DMM  measured 0.8 Ohm on 0.5 Ohm resistor. It looks like your DMM leads have approximately 0.3 Ohm resistance.
DMM measured 0.3 Ohm, because with resolution of 0.1 Ohm, 0.3 Ohm offset and 0.05 Ohm resistor, you can't get anything better.
Trust me, those resistors are fine.

diggit

Apr 19, 2024, 11:22:45 AMApr 19
to cheali-charger
BTW your pictures are top notch. Respect for putting such effort into those.

Lako Kako

Apr 19, 2024, 11:46:05 AMApr 19
to cheali-charger
Ok thanks a lot for your help I am inserting some better photos maybe it will be useful for someone. Greetings
photo_2_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_8_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_2024-04-19_16-04-48.jpg
photo_6_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_3_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_9_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_1_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_10_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_4_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_7_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg
photo_5_2024-04-19_16-04-32.jpg

Roberto Garcia

Apr 19, 2024, 12:41:03 PMApr 19
to Lako Kako, cheali-charger
/
/

Well, checking that 0.05 ohms resistor and concluded that is OK , I think your imax b6 is faulty.
BTW , one resistor is 0.05 ohms and the other is 0.5 ohms so, check the color bars...

At this time it is hard to tell if it is a hardware or software issue.

If you can flash this imax b6, put the original software and not the cheali version.  Then, after checking that everything is OK, so hardware is also ok, then may try flash to cheali...

/

Roberto Garcia

Apr 19, 2024, 1:02:36 PMApr 19
to diggit, cheali-charger

/
/

Yes. Measurements depends upon the imax b6, clone or original.

Here, two pics, similar arrangement , differents values.

One resistor is with mosfet on B-, polarity inverse, and the other is on mosfet B+.(discharge)

/