OLED Display

Faruk AYGEN

Feb 21, 2024, 3:43:50 AMFeb 21
to cheali-charger
Hİ, is it possible to change the screen of Imax b6 to an OLED screen with 128x64 resolution?

This screen can communicate both serially and parallelly. Visible area and dimensions are compatible.

I hope that by updating the necessary libraries, an interface with more advanced menus and graphics can be created.

Isn't it worth a try?

SPI = Serial Port Interface
PPI = Parallel Port Interface

Specification:
Product Type: OLED Display
Module Size: 80.0 X 36.0 X 10.0
Viewing Area: 66.0 X 16.0
Controller IC: SSD1322
Operation Voltage: 3.3V-5.0V
Interface: SPI/6800/8080
Operation Temperature:  -40~80
Viewing Angle: +/-175°

Roberto Garcia

Feb 21, 2024, 5:00:59 AMFeb 21
to Faruk AYGEN, cheali-charger
/
/

Well...  As far as I know, we don't have the code for programming such details, so the answer is No.

I would like to think that it is much easier to work on a USB conection and work directly on a PC in a better human interface.

/

Faruk AYGEN

Feb 21, 2024, 9:18:12 AMFeb 21
to cheali-charger
Is there a program I can use on PC? I can't find the "logview" software.

Roberto Garcia

Feb 21, 2024, 9:40:28 AMFeb 21
to Faruk AYGEN, cheali-charger
/
/

Neither do I. I understand that this program was not free.
It desapeared.

I couldn't find it, too.

I think that is better to work on code from a PC... Doing some better human interface.

I would like to have this old program.

Imaxb6 is my favorite RC charger. I have it since 2010 without issues.

/

Roberto Garcia

Feb 21, 2024, 1:51:13 PMFeb 21
to Faruk AYGEN, cheali-charger

/
/

As I understand, logview is a "sniffer " USB program.

You download , install it and you need to configure to "sniff-sniff " the data coming from USB and then you can graph it ...

Maybe I am wrong...I couldn't find the dawn program...

/

Faruk AYGEN

Feb 22, 2024, 2:23:24 AMFeb 22
to cheali-charger
I installed logview and am currently using it.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Roberto Garcia

Feb 22, 2024, 5:39:00 AMFeb 22
to Faruk AYGEN, cheali-charger
/
/

Would you please tell me the link to get that logview program ?

Thanks...

/

Faruk AYGEN

Feb 22, 2024, 7:54:30 AMFeb 22
to cheali-charger

Tod Wulff

Feb 22, 2024, 8:02:46 AMFeb 22
to cheali-...@googlegroups.com

Good day.

I've been lurking. Am interested in the successful use of the logview app as depicted below.

What OS are you using on the host PC?

I ask as I tried a version I downloaded via the wayback machine. I wasn't able to get it to run on win10/win11.  I might have a stale version, obviously.

-t

Sent from a mobile device - please excuse any perceived brevity.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cheali-charger/5f2c98a1-4277-4323-beb7-4804dfdd0b3cn%40googlegroups.com.

Faruk AYGEN

Feb 22, 2024, 8:07:31 AMFeb 22
to cheali-charger
I am using "Windows 10 enterprise build 19045".

Faruk AYGEN

Mar 4, 2024, 2:43:36 AMMar 4
to cheali-charger
I replaced it with an Oled screen. The characters are more readable.

IMG_20240304_103954.jpg

Roberto Garcia

Mar 4, 2024, 5:23:34 AMMar 4
to Faruk AYGEN, cheali-charger

/
/

Very good!
I understand you did a replacement without doing the flashing thing.
Can you tell us what screen did you use?

/

El lun, 4 de mar. de 2024 3:43 a. m., Faruk AYGEN <faruq...@gmail.com> escribió:
I replaced it with an Oled screen. The characters are more readable.

IMG_20240304_103954.jpg

Faruk AYGEN

Mar 4, 2024, 5:38:37 AMMar 4
to cheali-charger
Yes pin to pin Winstar 1602 oled lcd.

It also supports power input usb type c. It is compatible with PD, QC and many protocols.

17095486870351916796066961289823.jpg

Roberto Garcia

Mar 4, 2024, 6:02:59 AMMar 4
to Faruk AYGEN, cheali-charger
/
/

I already see...

14 pin instead of 16.
It is a good choice.

There is a tiny transistor that drive voltage coming to the LCD screen on IMAXB6.
So, with a additional potentiometer you can do brightness adjustment but this is a better approach ...

/