An Introduction to Soldering at our first ever Wednesday evening session

Pete

Jul 12, 2014, 11:18:57 PM7/12/14
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm very proud to announce our first ever Wednesday evening session happening this week.

Introduction to Soldering
Wed, 16 July 2014 • 7pm – 9pm

Interested in learning electronics? At our first ever Wednesday evening session, get some hands-on experience soldering a simple circuit board.

This session is beginner-friendly, and is perfect for those looking to try something new, or those looking to refresh their skills. Kids 10+ are also welcome to attend.

We have a limited number of spaces available, so please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/The-Foundation-Christchurch/events/194596072/ to secure your place.

As part of the evening, attendees will receive a small electronics kit for free, worth about $10. Donations towards covering costs optional, but welcome.

Thanks to Catalyst IT (http://www.catalyst.net.nz/) for providing the space for the evening.

Link: http://www.meetup.com/The-Foundation-Christchurch/events/194596072/

Please note this is a departure from our usual free-form Sunday sessions. We're hoping to provide some events to make it easy for the wider community to participate and benefit from.

We'd love for this first event to be a success. You can help us by emailing anyone you think might be interested, or by spreading the message on:

Any effort is greatly appreciated.

See some of you there!

 Pete

Charles Manning

Jul 15, 2014, 11:04:55 PM7/15/14
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Pete

Do you have enough irons? I might have one or two to lend you.

Just for "semi-legal reasons" may I suggest you:
(a) Have some sort of indemnity that people (or guardians) sign.
(b) Reserve the right to eject anyone for any actions considered
unsafe, with no second chances or other PC nonsense.

The last thing you need is some entitled person running amok or
copping the responsibility for someone frying a finger.

Pete

Jul 18, 2014, 4:49:28 PM7/18/14
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone who came, thanks Catalyst IT for letting us run the event, and thanks in particular to Andrew Starr for putting on a great event!

Looking forward with anticipation to the next one.

Pete

Simone Pearson

Jul 22, 2014, 12:08:00 AM7/22/14
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Is there one happening this wed 23 july? tx, Simone

Andrew Starr

Jul 22, 2014, 1:03:35 AM7/22/14
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simone,

The next Wednesday night Foundation session will be July 30th (every 2 weeks). At this stage it probably won't be a repeat of the soldering class, although we do intend to do it again. At this stage we're contemplating a musical instrument-themed evening.