Make a Theremin Next Wednesday

Pete

Aug 21, 2014, 6:23:57 AM8/21/14
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Next Wednesday is our Soldering 201 course: an introduction to surface-mount soldering.

Soldering 201: Make a Theremin
7pm-9.30pm Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tickets $20 on the door. Spaces are limited – RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/The-Foundation-Christchurch/events/202270332/

Make your own version of the first electronic musical instrument ever invented – the theremin.

In this follow-up to our Introduction to Soldering evening, electronics expert Andrew Starr will show you how to make a theremin while introducing the the basics of surface-mount soldering.

Theremins are electronic musical instruments played by moving your hand through the air, perhaps best known for those quavering eerie alien noises on old sci-fi films.

This session is beginner-friendly, and is perfect for those looking to try something new, or those looking to refresh their skills

Space kindly provided by Catalyst IT (http://www.catalyst.net.nz).

You can help us by emailing anyone you think might be interested, or by spreading the message on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FoundationChch/posts/366005793546847
Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/The-Foundation-Christchurch/events/202270332/

Any effort is greatly appreciated.

See you there!