🎉 Hang out and chat with us on Slack

Pete

Dec 16, 2015, 4:31:31 PM12/16/15
to The Foundation
Hi everyone,

Following the lead of other tech/maker communities, we've started a Slack for The Foundation, a place to chat, hang out, share news, and discuss upcoming events:

Come and join us! 🙌

What's Slack?
It's chat, for teams. You can think of it like IRC but with history and a few extra niceties. The main advantage is that you don't have to stay signed in to keep up-to-date with all the conversations (you can also connect to it via an IRC client if you want to). I've watched as several groups I belong to have switched from IRC to Slack and, without exception, seen a big improvement in the level of conversation and engagement. (I recommend the Desktop and Mobile app If you're a member of one or more Slack accounts already.)

What's happening over Christmas?
Last night's session was the last one for the year. We'll update the mailing list in January when we have some clear dates.

Happy holidays!

Pete

Marek Kuziel

Dec 16, 2015, 5:33:14 PM12/16/15
to chch...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for setting this up Pete! I'll look into how we can plug in our IRC channel #thefoundationz

I did update our meetup.com events over Christmas/New year so they are matching reality :-)

First session of the year will be on Jan 13 http://www.meetup.com/The-Foundation-Christchurch/

Happy holidays and chat you to at Slack!

Marek