a joke

Greg

Sep 19, 2005, 7:48:35 AM9/19/05
to CHC-I...@googlegroups.com

A new pastor was visiting the homes of his parishioners. At one house it was clear that someone was at home, but his repeated knocks at the door went unanswered. So, he took out a card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it, stuck it in the door, and went about his rounds.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, the pastor found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message: "Genesis 3:10". Reaching for his Bible to check the citation, he suddenly broke into gales of laughter.

Revelation 3:20 begins: "Behold, I stand at the door and knock."

Genesis 3:10 reads: "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked."