Save the date! 2024 Opera Guild Anniversary Events

Michelle Carr

May 23, 2024, 7:08:03 PMMay 23
to chautauqua...@googlegroups.com

Chautauqua Opera Guild

Join us this summer to celebrate Chautauqua Opera Guild’s 50th Anniversary and support opera at Chautauqua!

The Chautauqua Opera Guild is turning 50!

To celebrate, we’d like to invite you to the following 3 events that will showcase the drama, talent and creativity of our beloved opera program; and provide critical funding for future staged productions and opera budgets.

So, mark your calendars and spread the word!  Together, we can continue Chautauqua’s legacy of presenting high quality opera, inspiring our community and nurturing the young artists who then carry the values of Chautauqua to all corners of the operatic world!

Chautauqua Opera Guild Gala

Guild members and friends of Chautauqua will be enchanted by this memorable evening at the Athenaeum!

You will be greeted with hors d’oeuvres and an open bar, then entertained with a wonderful musical program of “Verdi to Broadway” by MaryAnn Cornetti and friends.

The performance will be followed by dinner with stations of carved meats, salad supreme and desserts.  Wine will be served with your meal.  A live auction with Liz Flowers, licensed auctioneer, will provide a captivating encore to the evening.

Date: Thursday, July 25th, 5pm.
Guests can view silent auction items beginning at 4:30pm.

Donation Levels:
Table of 8: $1,000
Individual Tickets:
Bronze: $150
Silver: $300
Gold: $500
(Silver and Gold Patrons will be acknowledged)

Do you have an item to donate for the Silent or Live Auction?

Some ideas are: Dinners, Gift Cards, Boat Rides, Cooking Classes, Memorabilia, Jewelry, Spa Gifts, Tickets, Home and Garden, etc.

Please contact Nancy at 412-292-0449 or email chqope...@gmail.com.

THANK YOU!

“Opening Night”

This opera costume extravaganza will feature 30-35 Opera costumes that were designed and made by Chautauqua’s own Cristine Patrick and the late Barney FitzGerald.  These wonderfully exuberant costumes were worn in past Chautauqua productions such as Carmen, Madam Butterfly, Falstaff, Cosi Fan Tutte and The Magic Flute, to name a few.

To be held in the Garden Room at the Alumni Hall, there will be refreshments to partake as you stroll through the historic space, learning about what opera each costume was from and which character wore it.

Date: Sunday, June 30th, 5pm, $50 donation per guest

“Labels and Lyrics”

What better way to spend a leisurely late afternoon than with opera loving friends, sipping wine and listening to your favorite music live?

To be held at The Intermezzo Restaurant, Bag and String Wine Merchants will be presenting select Italian wines and you’ll enjoy a series of arias between tastings.  General and Artistic Director, Steven Osgood, will accompany the featured young artists from the opera program.

Date: Sunday, July 14th, 4pm, $75 donation per guest.  Food included.

We are excited to share with you all these wonderful opportunities to support Chautauqua Opera.  We hope to see you there!

Details about purchasing event tickets and sponsorships will be forthcoming.

Sincerely,
Nancy Langston, Chair, 2024 Events
Margo Stuart, Chair, “Opening Night” Costume Extravaganza
Deanna and Brad Johnson, Intermezzo owners/host of “Labels and Lyrics”

Committee Members:
Mary Mitchell, Cynthia Norton, MaryLou McFate, Eileen Conroy, Michelle Carr, Judy Goldman, Cheryl Gorelick

Embracing Legacy.  Empowering Voices.  Ensuring Futures.

Chautauqua Opera Guild

PO Box 61

Chautauqua, NY 14722

chqope...@gmail.com