Google's python class

Lee Walker

Mar 8, 2018, 6:12:55 AM3/8/18
to Chattlab-Members, chattlab-list
I'd mentioned Google had just released it's whole python curriculum. If you are learning python, or want to, this is supposed to be really good.

Jeff Johnson

Mar 8, 2018, 8:31:22 AM3/8/18
to Tim Youngblood, Lee Walker, Chattlab-Members, chattlab-list
Also, I recently acquired several recent python books (Oreilly mostly) that I can loan to anyone learning.

Hopefully we can do some python workshops this summer if Dan's schedule is better.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Tim Youngblood <timyou...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good mention Lee. I’ve been seriously learning python lately as I’ve been doing a ton of data science study. It along with Swift 4 are my fav languages at this point, and they share some common approaches.

My fav python site, among a plethora of quality choices, is: http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/

If anyone else is working through learning this (or Swift or iOS) consider me a fellow traveler.

On Mar 8, 2018, at 6:12 AM, Lee Walker <l...@codejourneymen.com> wrote:

I'd mentioned Google had just released it's whole python curriculum. If you are learning python, or want to, this is supposed to be really good.

Jeff Johnson

Jan 14, 2019, 12:08:15 PM1/14/19
to Tim Youngblood, Ted Tolman, Dan Mailman, Dennis Martin, Chattlab-Members, Lee Walker, chattlab-list
Tim, thanks for sharing.  I know the host of the meetup is probably based out of the Edney, but if they ever wanted to host their meetup at Chattlab, I'm sure I could scare up some additional attendees, though I'd also encourage others reading this to go to that meetup at the Edney if you're interested in Python.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:54 AM Tim Youngblood <timyou...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ted,

There is a python meetup on Monday nights at the Edney you may find useful.

Next meeting is Monday night. Django is the topic. The meetup has 300+ followers but only a handful of attendees. I’d like to see this change so by all means come check it out:

And slack:

Hope to see you around,
Tim

On Jan 14, 2019, at 11:48 AM, Ted Tolman <tedt...@gmail.com> wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but I just got on as an intern with TVA, and during the interview they mentioned that python is used quite a bit around the office for different data mining automation tasks.

So, I now have a much greater interest in learning Python and was wondering if anyone planned on doing another workshop in the future. I'll be starting out with the links given above, and possibly borrow a book or two from Jeff. Pretty sure I can also "find" some PDFs online in various archival repositories.

Any recommended books to start with?

Ted