September 9 Meeting Agenda

willa

Aug 30, 2008, 3:22:52 PM8/30/08
to Chattanooga Photography
I realize for most of you this will be old stuff, but as I explained
at the August meeting, I want to step back and make this group a
little more accessible to those most interested in taking advantage of
it. And don't underestimate the value of revisiting old stuff and
sharing your own experiences with others. Also, I would love for some
of you more seasoned photogs to bring in some of your own shots (or
get me digital copies) which illustrate good or bad examples of the
topics listed below. Just keep in mind our audience, and be careful
to keep your subject matter appropriate for general audiences (no
offense to your fairies, Bob :D ).

So, without further adieu, the September agenda:

Photography 101

Camera Basics
*"Point and Shoot" vs DSLR
* File Sizes and Types (jpg vs RAW; print vs web)
Basic Composition
*Rule of Thirds
*Position in regard to subject
*Background check
*Don't cut off their heads!
Basic Lighting
*Where is it? from behind or in front? Subjects evenly lit?
*Flash: when to use it and from how far away
*More light for more action
Photo Q&A

Other Suggestions?

Tracy Neal

Aug 30, 2008, 4:59:40 PM8/30/08
to chattanooga...@googlegroups.com
I am so very excited about this and I definitely plan to be there! I am
also possibly bringing a friend, as long as her schedule remains the same!
:)

What about snacks / drinks / etc? Is there anything I need to bring?

With Warmest Regards,
Tracy Neal

A frogs life is easy - he can eat what bugs him!

Donavan Daugherty

Sep 6, 2008, 11:48:45 PM9/6/08
to chattanooga...@googlegroups.com
Hey willa will you pass out the directions to where the meeting will be tuesday? Thanks Donavan

Sep 9, 2008, 9:39:50 PM9/9/08
to chattanooga...@googlegroups.com
Sorry i didn't make it. I didn't get the directions. Until I got home from work.