New Member = Me

Tracy

Feb 17, 2008, 7:42:44 PM2/17/08
to Chattanooga Photography
Hello All -

I am almost ashamed to join this group.. All of you seem to already
BE photographers... I have no idea what I am doing... I have always
loved taking pictures - my mom would take the camera away from me when
I was a kid. I either had to be IN the picture or TAKING the
picture... There was no other choice.

My husband bought me a Nikon D40 for my Christmas present this year.
And I want to learn how to use it as best I can. I thought I would
start by taking some classes, but have been unable to find any classes
in the Chattanooga area. So my next thought was to join a photography
group... Here I am.. :) Hola Amigos!

I am *completely* without knowledge when it comes to my camera. I am
use to the typical "point & click" variety, but have been extremely
disappointed in the quality of pictures that I got. I absolutely
*love* my new camera and the quality is amazing.. And I am only taking
pictures on automatic!

Anyway - I would love to be a part of this group - if you guys are
willing to share your vast wealth of knowledge with me. And don't
mind having to explain the most simplistic...

I hope you welcome me and I look forward to meeting you all..

jared...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2008, 7:59:41 PM2/17/08
to Chattanooga Photography
Welcome Tracy - you have come to the right place. This group has a
very wide range of photography experience in it and most of us learn
from each other as much as we can. Wanting to learn to make more
interesting photographs is the first step I think we all took.

Ellis Humphres

Feb 17, 2008, 10:10:20 PM2/17/08
to chattanooga...@googlegroups.com
Finally... someone Willa can talk with about Nikons!

Welcome...

Tracy Neal

Feb 27, 2008, 11:24:13 AM2/27/08
to chattanooga...@googlegroups.com
Hi All -

I was wondering (with much enthusiasm) when our next meeting will take
place? Do they occur on Saturdays? If so, I attend class every other
Saturday (in class on: 3/1, 3/15, 3/29)... I also have Spanish classes on
Tuesdays and Thursdays... Any way - just let me know.. As I said, I am
very excited :) I am also willing to bring any snacks, food, drinks, etc..

With Warmest Regards,

Tracy Neal

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ The heart has reasons that reason does not understand. ~

mdunmore

Feb 27, 2008, 10:25:17 PM2/27/08
to Chattanooga Photography
Hi Tracy

The next meeting is on Tuesday March 11. They are always the evening
of the second tuesday of each month. We are usually pretty casual and
if you want to bring something to snack on that would be cool. We
usually have some water, coke, diet coke... but snacks I am sure will
go over too :)

Looking forward to meeting you.

Matt

--
M a t t D u n m o r e
www.mattdunmorephotography.com

Tracy Neal

Feb 28, 2008, 9:58:53 AM2/28/08
to chattanooga...@googlegroups.com
Ahh.. Well then.. I thing they also begin @ 7pm, is that correct? Well I
have Spanish classes on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6pm - 8pm.. So depending
upon how long these things last .. I will either be a bit late (8:30 ish)
or will not be able to make a meet until mid-April... :)

Is there a usual location as well?

With Warmest Regards,

Tracy Neal

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ The heart has reasons that reason does not understand. ~

Feb 28, 2008, 10:06:09 AM2/28/08
to Chattanooga Photography
Meetings are from 6-9ish. There are pages to the right there that
will give you the location and directions. If you want to call when
you get done with your class to see if we are still going feel free to
call my cell. it is 504-2338.

Matt
> winmail.dat
> 12KDownload

Tracy Neal

Feb 28, 2008, 5:51:35 PM2/28/08
to chattanooga...@googlegroups.com
Ahh... thinking seriously about 'skipping' class on this night.. What could
one night hurt?