Fortier Park in the 3100 Block of Esplanade Bounded by Mystery and Grand Route Saint John

Charlies Neighborhood News

Jul 23, 2020, 8:26:29 AM7/23/20
to Charlie's Neighborhood News

Fortier Park was once a beautiful respite for folks wanting to clear their head, enjoy an oasis of natural beauty in an urban environment, or for children and families to enjoy.

Many folks know that for many years Fortier Park has been almost exclusively used daily by those whose only goal is to remain there, many days from sunrise to sunset, and drive themselves into a stupor with alcohol or other intoxicating substances then often engage in offensive behavior.

While I defend their right to use the park, I do not support their daily commandeering of the park exclusively for their own use to the detriment of children and families.

The neighborhood association is circulating a survey to engage neighbors on ways to improve the situation at Fortier Park.   The most important part of the survey is the last line where it asks for your additional comments.

Regardless of whether you would like Fortier Park to be a bird sanctuary, an alcohol-free zone, designated a children's play area, or whatever your thoughts may be, please fill out the survey and add your comments at the bottom.

Thank you

Fortier-Park-how-it-used-to-be.jpg