[Bike to the Future] Provincial Election 2011 -- e-mail campaign

Bike to the Future

Sep 29, 2011, 9:47:20 PM9/29/11
to Bike to the Future announcements

Winnipeg cyclists:

With election day rapidly approaching, parties have made a few promises to improve cycling conditions in Manitoba.  The Winnipeg Trails Association is tracking commitments on their site: www.winnipegtrails.ca/2011/09/23/election-promises

Bike to the Future is concerned that there has not been enough talk about Active Transportation as an important policy issue in the campaign.  Some of the senior candidates do not seem to be familiar with the key Active Transportation issues.

We are therefore asking you to participate in a last-minute campaign to send a flood of e-mail messages expressing our priorities.

Please go to www.q3network.com, read the info, fill out the form, and press the send button.  This will send a non-partisan e-mail message under your name, which outlines the BttF call for policy and program commitments, to all the candidates in the Winnipeg area and all the political parties, without giving them your e-mail address.

If enough people do this before October 4, candidates and parties will notice.

Please act quickly and pass this on to your cycling friends and colleagues.

Charles Feaver
Bike to the Future, Provincial Committee Chair
prov...@biketothefuture.org

biketothefuture.org