[Bike to the Future] February events

Bike to the Future

Feb 2, 2012, 7:48:29 AM2/2/12
to Bike to the Future announcements
Hello! This is some news from Bike to the Future about February events.

1. Public Consultation: UofManitoba to St Vital active transportation bridge
2. Bougeons en hiver -- The Jack Frost Challenge!
3. February Monthly Meeting
4. Ice It To Work Day
5. BttF memberships / donations

Kevin Miller
Bike to the Future, Secretary
biketothefuture.org
____________________________

Public Consultation: UofManitoba to St Vital active transportation bridge

The City of Winnipeg has contracted a conceptual design study to identify options and a location for a pedestrian and bicycle crossing over the Red River to connect St Vital with Fort Garry in the vicinity of the University of Manitoba.

The consultant and the City of Winnipeg will be hosting two Public Interactive Display Sessions to collect feedback.

Wednesday February 8
Dakota Community Centre, Great Hall, 1188 Dakota Street

or
Thursday, February 9
UofManitoba, Event Centre, 100-1 Research Road

Both sessions are from 4:00 to 8:00 PM (drop-in format)

Info poster

There is also an online survey.

Prior to the public consultation dates, Bike to the Future will be publishing our analysis of the 5 possible locations in terms of bicycle connectivity and active transportation network opportunities.
____________________________

Bougeons en hiver: The Jack Frost Challenge!

February 11 to 17

Get moving with Bougeons en hiver: The Jack Frost Challenge!, a new event celebrating winter in Manitoba. Sign up as a team of 1 to 5 to skate, bike, ski, snowshoe, run, or walk a combined total of 130 km during the week of February 11 to 17. Participants will be entered in a draw for ‘cool’ prizes.

Info and registration
____________________________

February Monthly Meeting

Our February Monthly Meeting is on Tuesday February 14 at 5:30 PM at the Sport for Life Centre.

January Monthly Meeting minutes
____________________________

Ice It To Work Day

Friday February 17 from 6:30 to 9:00 AM
Assiniboine Credit Union River Trail

Join us on the Assiniboine Credit Union River Trail for Ice It To Work Day, a one-morning event similar to Bike to Work Day. Use the river trail to get to work using active transportation (bike, walk, skate, ski, run, snowshoe). Experience the allure of the river trail in the early morning hours -– a picturesque commute along the Assiniboine River and Red River is an exceptional Winnipeg way to start your day.

Energize yourself along the way at one of the Cocoa Fire Pit Stops. The first 100 commuters to stop by a Cocoa Fire Pit Stop will receive a free Winnipeg cycling map, trails map, and other special surprises and gifts.

Bike to the Future is staffing one of the pit stops.

If you’d like to join in hosting a pit stop and handing out cocoa to commuters, or would like more information about Ice It To Work Day, please contact ka...@uglyducklingproductions.com.

The Forks

BttF memberships / donations

Although we have changed our memberships from annual to lifetime (primarily to relieve an administrative burden), we encourage BttF members to consider making an annual donation to BttF by re-purchasing a membership.

BttF membership / donation info

Our website at biketothefuture.org is updated often.