Fwd: 2022 Band Booster Spring Gala!

Mike Allen

Mar 28, 2022, 7:27:29 PM3/28/22
to Charger Bands

From: Booster Co-Coordinator Tara Lash <las...@u4sd.org>

Hi all!
It's almost time for our 2022 Spring Gala!  If you didn't know, this is our biggest fundraiser of the year!  Our goal is to replace our Drumline Equipment, so it's all hands on deck!

Today students firmed up their raffle basket themes. I'll include the list below to help keep families informed!  We talked with students about getting creative and filling their baskets as a team with $5-$10 items.  It's a tight turn around, but we would like to have items by this Wednesday, March 30.  I will make it work out if a few items show up late ;)

Along with the Sectional Theme Raffle Baskets, we will also have a 50/50 Cash Raffle, Gift Cards, a Bake Sale, and a Weber Grill to raffle off!

Please check the Sign-up Genius and consider signing up to donate a bake sale item, bottled water, a gift card, or your time!  We are still in need of support in every area!

Basket Themes (for both Concert and Symphonic Bands):
Flutes - Movie/Game Night (i.e. microwave popcorn, card games, board games, theatre gift cards, etc.)
Clarinets - King Size Candy
Saxophones - Movie Night (i.e. could be a movie night in or out! Soda, popcorn, candy, gift cards for movie theatres, etc.)
Trumpets - Gift Card Bouquet (i.e. misc gift cards from community businesses)
Horns - "Spit Bucket" Pool Party (i.e. beach towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, pool passes, pool noodles, floaties, etc.)
Low Brass - Morning Gig Starter Kit (Kids came up with this one!  I think they are thinking about things you might need when you wake up.)
Percussion/Pit - "Pit" BBQ Basket (i.e. grilling tools, spices and rubs, charcoal, skewers, gift cards from U of I Meat Science/Old Time Meat & Deli, etc.)
Colorguard - Flower/Garden Theme (i.e. Flowers, garden tools, gloves, seeds, pots, etc.)

Looking forward to hearing some great music from our very own local community!
See you on Saturday,

Tara Lash
Booster Co-coordinator

--
Tara Lash
Instructional Coach

"There are no rules here.  We're trying to accomplish something."  -Thomas Edison

2022 Spring Gala Flier.pdf