This Saturday's Competition 12:45 Call Time. Tuesday, Sept 20 Combined Bands Performance

Mike Allen

Sep 13, 2022, 12:09:53 PM9/13/22
to Charger Bands
Dear Band Family:

- This Saturday, September 17th is the Monticello Marching Band Competition. We will compete against 18 other bands. We will meet at Centennial in lightweight shorts, band shirts, marching shoes, and long black socks at 1PM.
- Noon Call Time for Color Guard.
- 12:45 Arrive to set up the field and get ready for rehearsal. Please make sure your student eats a good lunch before coming to school.
- 1PM Rehearsal begins.
- We will need donations of snacks and water for both rehearsal and the competition. We will need approximately 600 waters that day.
- We will load buses around 3PM after practicing. When we arrive, we will put on only the bottom half of the uniforms. All wind and percussion students will wear lightweight shorts and band shirts under their uniforms. Color Guard will change into uniform in the bathrooms indoors. All others will not need to take off their shirts or shorts at any point during the day.  Commonly forgotten items: long black socks, Dinkle marching shoes, Band Show Shirt, lightweight shorts, reeds that are not worn out, valve oil, slide cream/spray bottle, no jewelry visible to the judges on the field, studs can be covered by band-aids if needed, hair has to be tucked into the hat or uniform jacket, money for concessions, and sunscreen.
- We will watch other bands from 4:30 to 5:30PM wearing the half-uniforms. After cheering for Newton, we will get dressed into jackets, hats, and plumes.
- Silent sectionals start as soon as individuals are dressed. Silent sectionals include all step outs, visuals, and posture.
- 6:30 Depart for official warm up.
- Performance time is 7:30PM. Since we are one of the largest bands, we perform at nearly the end.
- Return time is estimated to be 9:15PM to return gear and hang up uniforms. Students should be ready to leave around 9:30.

Tuesday, September 20th 5PM Call Time for the Combined Performance with Central and Urbana at Centennial.
- We are promoting this event in the community on TV, Radio, and Social Media to raise money for all three programs.
- We will wear full uniforms.
- Kona Ice and two other food trucks will be here.
- Donations will be accepted throughout the event. All money will be split between all three bands equally. If we raise $15,000 total to split between all three bands, I will dye my hair Silver and Blue. =:-)
- We are inviting the Mayors of Urbana and Champaign and all U4 Administrators to attend this showcase.
- We will only CHEER for the other bands. NO Booing will be allowed. Any student exhibiting poor sportsmanship will be asked to leave. We want to highlight what we believe are some of the best students in all three schools.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Michael Allen
Director of Bands
Champaign Centennial High School
www.chargerbands.com Sign up to receive text and email announcements.
smile.amazon.com Select Centennial Band and Amazon will support the Boosters.

C-U Marching Showcase .pdf
Sage City Schedule 2022 - Sheet1.pdf